Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that could offer me some help on this id greatly appreciate it.....

I'm trying to get the gear position indicator to work with my power commander 5 and in doing so the instruction say that i need to send a signal to the PC5 from the Speed Sensor input wire.

I have no idea where such wire is located, could anyone please tell me??? Thank You for any help in advanced.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You, I’m aware of where the actual speed sensor is. More specifically I’m trying to find out exactly which wire I’m suppose to be tapping into in order to get that signal to my PC5. I have the DynoJet POD300 display module and I’m trying to get it to display Speed, and Gear position.

·
Registered
339 Posts
try to help. go to perf section on this site, pull up 04-05 service manual. under fuel injection section 3-66/3-67 describe speed sensor volt input and rising volt tests. voltage meter set at 20v dc verify input voltage 9-11 volts probing +probe into pink wire/neg probe into black wire. sure ur ok here as speedometer working. to check for rising rate voltage(signal wire) manual says probe neg meter probe into blk wire and +probe into blue/yellowstripe. u have no b/ys wire, later models did, but process of elimination(pink is input voltage/blk is ground) says the yellow wire is correct signal wire. to confirm probe the yellow wire + probe/neg probe to black wire, sprocket stationary should get reading .05-.07v. rotating wheel off ground will produce a voltage increase. what ur looking for much like tps rising rate signal when u twist throttle. grounding the meter - probe to any good ground will work as with vise grips and make probing the other yellow and pink wires easier to ck. whichever shows volt increase with wheel/sprocket rotation is signal wire. dc volt/ohm meter about $15 at parts store if u lack one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts