Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Haven't updated this in a few weeks..kind of forget where I am with it.. .... STILL waiting on panels back from paint shop (Monday)...cut in and polished panels in situ...

Nitron shock 2-3 weeks lead as they're bespoke, now seriously considering doing these retainers as per other post, picked up a set of gauges to balance the TBs.... done oil and filter tonight.. oil was black as hell so waiting on it cooling till I fished out the sump plug which was non magnetic (eye roll) I held my breath, strained the oil into an old container... good news.. no chunks of metal or swarf anywhere... Pleased with those CF side panels, they match in nicely.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Rotors and calipers look great, bud.
Cheers man, they feel really positive, I've only spun her round the block but initial feel and lever action is very encouraging... 320s should really help along with the Brembo M/C and those R1 calipers...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Interesting following your progress :cool: did you ditch the Penske?
Yea, still on at present, just waiting on a Nitron being built and sent from their H.O in England... I might punt that Penske, no point in having it lying around.. thanks for your interest renais

???? What's happened to my Font size ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have both Penske and Nitron shocks on my other bikes. You will absolutely love the Nitron. The build quality is superb.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yea they come highly recommended, that old Penske is actually a decent bit of kit, a rebuild would be in excess of £400 and I would need to order a new ride height adjuster from the States at 60 odd quid to complete the refurb correctly... therefore the decision to buy new was easier to justify... so I talked myself into it in other words lol..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got my panels back today, paint is decent and a good match, just the bellypan left to fit...

Also fitted new Renthal grips to my HP4, throttle side grip was almost "fused" to the tube... snipped the damn wire heating filament despite taking great care , repaired that and wrapped in masking tape a'la golf club regripping, this aided mounting and served to protect from further stupidity.. matches the bike colour scheme quite well

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi mte, the Carbon ones on my Gen1 ?.....from a company in Germany, I came across them purely by accident... look them up on your lappie or PC the language doesnt change on phone, I googled then converted language.. excellent comms by the way, emailed them a few times and they replied in perfect English promptly.
I went for Matt, they have a decent range for ZXs... great fit and nice matt weave...

Mto3.de

21 - 31 of 31 Posts