Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a gipro ds series gear indicator on my gen1. When i turn the key the unit counts the gears till 6 and goes to 0 which is what the display stays showing even after i turn the bike on and going through gears. Anyone can help? Already sent an email to healtech for support but being saturday i'm still waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

could this be the clip to which the TRE should be plugged? It's a clip that I found empty and it's situated near the spark plugs area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a reply from healtech and told me that if I've got TRE installed or faulty gear position sensor the gi won't work. Told me also to try in custom mode which is what I'm gonna do, then I'll go from there.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah I mentioned that in my last post, good luck on getting it to work...I have a DS series sitting that I never installed cause it won't work with a TRE such a bummer...how much did you pay for your GI DS?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
110€ including shipping. Got it from ebay. Tried putting it in custom mode but even that failed. Will try again tomorrow evening and if it doesn't work again I'll take it off😠

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Just worked on my bike and the pic you posted is not where the TRE is installed..it will be two wires pulled out of a bigger white connector that you install into a smaller connector (the white connector in the TRE pic I posted)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts