Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 zx10 with new wiring harness, new computer, reflashed ecu and when the bike gets to about 8,000 rpm it starts to breaking up & cutting out.If anyone have had this problem please let me know so i can fix my bike.Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
check side stand switch and fuel pump is what I usually see around on the forum.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had the same problem but round 9500 rpm and my sidestand switch was bad just jump the plug to test

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the info. I have replaced the wiring harness, computer & unplugged the gaughes and everything i can think of , same results.Getting ready to check side stand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also the bike completely shut off and then it comes back on and if you hold the throttle right there at that rpm where its cutting off, it will cut off and on repeatedly until i get off or on the gas. If I take it pass 9000 rpm it revs up fine all the way to the limiter

·
Registered
171 Posts
My Gen 1 did the exact same thing, it was just the kickstand switch...

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
now Im curious to see if it yet again, is the side stand

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Mine did the side stand thing at the start of 2011. It was the kickstand switch.

Started doing something similar again last September. I tried a new fuel pump, removed the quickshifter, removed the pc3, new plugs. I couldn't get it running right. Waiting for my appointment to have an AMA tuner go through the bike... It's probably a bad injector, but who knows. I don't have a dyno to sit here and diagnose it.

This stupid bike never throws a code when anything goes wrong. Just pulls hard upto 8500-9000, hiccups and then wheelies away upto redline

·
Registered
5 Posts
you ever figure out what was wrong with you’r bike? I have an 05 that pops and backfires in the low to mid range, but will pulls hard af after that. It’s like when you let the clutch out it stutters a little bit, coughs and pops then takes off. It’s got brand new plugs in it.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
you ever figure out what was wrong with you’r bike? I have an 05 that pops and backfires in the low to mid range, but will pulls hard af after that. It’s like when you let the clutch out it stutters a little bit, coughs and pops then takes off. It’s got brand new plugs in it.
Sounds like tune to me, not knowing the history with you and that bike. But typical tune issues from things like, removing secondary flies, fitting a full system racing filter cam dialing etc, and also throttle bodies out of sinc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts