Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install my exhaust tonight:eek:ccasion1 and was wondering what map to use on my power commander just till I get a custom tune.... Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Not sure, the exhaust and pc3 the only things done to the ride?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I have been using an EVO map on mine that I fidled with a little, mostly leaning it down a bit across the board, bike runs well, It starts a little harder the first start of the day, but runs pretty good, till I can get a custom tune done someday. Probably going to swtch to the Bazaaz system, when it comes on line for the 10R

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been using an EVO map on mine that I fidled with a little, mostly leaning it down a bit across the board, bike runs well, It starts a little harder the first start of the day, but runs pretty good, till I can get a custom tune done someday. Probably going to swtch to the Bazaaz system, when it comes on line for the 10R
RIght on, I will just try the evo map.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to get off work long enough to get the exhaust on. It looks great, the power comes on so much smoother but I have one problem. The bike gets extermely hot when ever I stop. The temp. shoots to 240+ I have to kill the engine or don't stop moving. So, what you guys think the problem could be???? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called PCIII tech line and asked them what map I should run and they recomended map 222-007 the leo vince full system. Aren't the maps they program a little rich??

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I called PCIII tech line and asked them what map I should run and they recomended map 222-007 the leo vince full system. Aren't the maps they program a little rich??
Yes they are all a little rich, all the full system generic maps are pretty similar as well. Try a few of them and see which one runs the best, optimal would be get your bike on a dyno quick and see what your A/F looks like, I have not experienced any noticable increse in overheating, but I am at dead sea level, super hot summers though, heat indexes in the 110's. Its a long shto but check for obvious exhaust leaks, if they are big enough they could cause a overheating issue.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help but I found out the problem. I am :screwy: I did not know about burping my cooling system. So, I properly filled and burped it and all was well. I would post up pics but it is nothing you haven't seen before. Thanks again. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
The custom map gave me +6hp from the PC3 Site's German Version map (who worked the best for my bike).

The bike runs PERFECT now. It's a must!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts