Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve already ordered rearsets, slip on and Under tail, vortex gas cap. Anyone know which are the best mirror block offs, windscreen , frame sliders? I’m going to order vortex front and rear sprockets -1+2 today. My arm is in a cast so I’m trying to order everything now and have all the parts here when I get out of this cast.

· Registered
31 Posts
For mirror block-offs Graves are good. The new rage cycles ones I have heard are poorer quality/less sleek.

I have a set of OES Frame sliders and while not as pretty as other options they seem very sturdy.

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my list so far,
M4 slip on
Vortex rearsets
Vortex gas cap
Vortex swing arm spools
Vortex L/R case covers
Vortex 43 tooth rear sprocket
Driven sprocket nuts
Driven 16 tooth front sprocket
Graves frame sliders
Smoked integrated led brake light
Hotbodies undertail
PSR oil fill cap

A little over $1800 in and the bike only has 1.7 miles on it. Basing my mods off my G3 and G4 experiences. Flashed ECU will be the next purchase after I get about 1000 miles on it. Aside from windscreen and mirror block offs. I’m done for now.

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For mirror block-offs Graves are good. The new rage cycles ones I have heard are poorer quality/less sleek.

I have a set of OES Frame sliders and while not as pretty as other options they seem very sturdy.
Thank you, I’ve also heard of the graves being the better quality and also G5 and G6 are the same plates, only trouble is I can’t find any.

· Registered
31 Posts
Well my list so far,
M4 slip on
Vortex rearsets
Vortex gas cap
Vortex swing arm spools
Vortex L/R case covers
Vortex 43 tooth rear sprocket
Driven sprocket nuts
Driven 16 tooth front sprocket
Graves frame sliders
Smoked integrated led brake light
Hotbodies undertail
PSR oil fill cap

A little over $1800 in and the bike only has 1.7 miles on it. Basing my mods off my G3 and G4 experiences. Flashed ECU will be the next purchase after I get about 1000 miles on it. Aside from windscreen and mirror block offs. I’m done for now.
Is yours a gen 6? if so how did you get the rearsets to fit? I purchased some vortex rearsets myself only to find out they were made for gen 5. Contacted Vortex support and they said the shift rod is a different length and the left rearsets will hit the stock kickstand, any issues like this?

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Is yours a gen 6? if so how did you get the rearsets to fit? I purchased some vortex rearsets myself only to find out they were made for gen 5. Contacted Vortex support and they said the shift rod is a different length and the left rearsets will hit the stock kickstand, any issues like this?
Yes. 2023, You just have to use the stock shift rod.

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it, i will try that.
Also i meant to say brock’s not graves. don’t believe graves makes block offs for the mirror, only for the AIS system which is why i got confused. Silly me.
with vortex using the stock shift link, the tolerance is tight but there is no lateral movement to create contact. Kickstand is no issue.

Automotive tire Tire Rim Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Automotive design Auto part
Hand Bicycle part Auto part Rim Carbon

· Registered
2,228 Posts
There is no such thing as "Best" all about user preference for looks, fitment, quality & intended use...

NRC mirror block offs are cheap for a reason, basically a stamped piece of metal with their black coating on them, not being sleek is a new one. I have them for trackdays.

You have a pretty good list, and although not a fan of vortex they have decent stuff (not their sprockets though), especially if you get a racer discount, or have a connection.
As mentioned watch out for frame sliders, as if you do go down, they generally are not doing you any favors, pending the speed, and you have engine covers which will help.

Any pics of the project?

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not a good angle but I’ve only been working on it with 1 arm, do to a tricep tear surgery.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rear sets, Undertail, tail light, slip on
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Carbon
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Automotive tire Tire Bumper Automotive exterior Carbon

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Graves sliders, vortex gas cap. pro bolt fairing kit. Waking to put on the 520 chain, -1/+2 sprockets, black subframe pro bolt stainless, and windscreen.
Fuel tank Tire Hood Automotive lighting Alloy wheel
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Fuel tank

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Zero gravity windscreen (SR version) I like the Marc but nobody has any in stock. This will be temporary

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

1 - 17 of 17 Posts