Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for clarification on what material the headers on our bikes are made of, i am assuming titanium? If this is the case will i need a titanium bung to weld into the pipe, or can i use the stainless steel one provided by woolich.

Thanks.

· Registered
26 Posts
Ah no, my plan is to weld it maybe an inch up the pipe from the stock 02 sensor, I would assume that is also titanium though, no?
Yes, all of it is titanium. The stock bung has enough material to be drilled out & tapped to an M18x1.5 thread for any wideband sensor to fit. I did it on a customer Gen6 when I made a custom map for it using Woolich Autotune.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, all of it is titanium. The stock bung has enough material to be drilled out & tapped to an M18x1.5 thread for any wideband sensor to fit. I did it on a customer Gen6 when I made a custom map for it using Woolich Autotune.
Interesting, when you did this, did you remove the stock 02 sensor cable from the bike? how would this affect performance.

· Registered
12 Posts
When I put my titanium 1/2 system on I removed the old narrow band OEM O2 sensor, plugged the hole, then had a bung welded on the new mid-pipe for the wide band O2 sensor a couple inches from the OEM spot. From there, the OEM O2 sensor connector will either connect to an optional harness from Woolich that’ll run to the box or you can just leave it there tucked away and connect another way.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I put my titanium 3/4 system on I removed the old narrow band OEM O2 sensor, plugged the hole, then had a bung welded on the new mid-pipe for the wide band O2 sensor a couple inches from the OEM spot. From there, the OEM O2 sensor connector will either connect to an optional harness from Woolich that’ll run to the box or you can just leave it there tucked away and connect another way.
Ahhh that makes sense, Mine did include a harness to connect to the 02 sensor plug. solves that problem:) did you buy a separate titanium bung to weld on? the one that came with my woolich kit is stainless…

· Registered
12 Posts
Ahhh that makes sense, Mine did include a harness to connect to the 02 sensor plug. solves that problem:) did you buy a separate titanium bung to weld on? the one that came with my woolich kit is stainless…
I did. I fitted the mid pipe on the bike then marked where I wanted the bung put. Gave it to a friend of a friend who took care of the rest. Came out well and is not too far from the OEM spot. OveRReV’s idea isn’t bad either. Take header off, drill and tap, insert. I just wanted the option of keeping the box in case me and the bike parted ways.

Actually, I have a second Arrow Pro-Race 1/2 system that also has a titanium bung welded on. Preferred the look of the Indy Race muffler that’s on the bike now so the Pro-Race is just sitting there.

· Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,197 Posts
Hello,

I am looking for clarification on what material the headers on our bikes are made of, i am assuming titanium? If this is the case will i need a titanium bung to weld into the pipe, or can i use the stainless steel one provided by woolich.

Thanks.
Woolich will send you the titanium one for free upon request, but if you know someone that is good with a tig welder and has silicone bronze filler you can have any material brazed onto any other material in general, no wood but most any metal that is in the general similar thermal capacity range can be brazed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts