'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,705 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finished
Custom LED Tail Light, j-tech tail tidy, Graves block off plates and removed pair valve lines, healtech exup eliminator, Puig Prof. Frame sliders, GB Racing cases savors, Akra full TI - 30th Anniversary exhaust, Bonamici axle adjusters, Bonamici QR gas cap, plugged throttle body vacuum ports to evap cannister and removed all vacuum lines, plugged T.body vacuum port to flapper, removed flapper, vacuum lines and plugged snorkel, performed pressure relief valve recall, removed evap cannister, removed vacuum cannister to flapper, installed EAZI-Grip tank pads, installed optimate charging lead, installed Fast Franks rear wheel captive spacers, had to reroute lambda sensor lead to the rear to accommodate akra relocated bung, capped airbox port to pair valve.

received my Bren Moto Tuning Hand held but didnt have time to flash, most likely do tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
More of an aftermarket add on thread rather than a build but never the less will be nice.
Nice bike.

Customising is always nice and always for me exciting when the post man arrives :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys just finished flashing my zx10rr, what a difference

THANK YOU BREN TUNING MOTO, GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this was a real gift from them, my goodness

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
84 Posts
Did you keep the stock marchesini wheels? They weigh the same as ZX10R stock wheels. Kind of disappointing for a $28k bike

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you keep the stock marchesini wheels? They weigh the same as ZX10R stock wheels. Kind of disappointing for a $28k bike
Hi you couldn't be more wrong, the OEM 3 spoke wheels a cast - heavy wheels - the marchesini are billet, the OEM are much heavier, confirmed after putting on my scale - don't know where you get you information.

·
Registered
ZX10RR
395 Posts
Im changeing my rear tire relatively soon, ill try to remember weighting the wheel before they put the new tire in, so we can compare sometime

·
Registered
ZX10RR
395 Posts
Wow, too bad you can't afford an zx-10rr, oh yeah if you think that youtube video is proof you are to weak to believe yoiu can;t afford the zx10rr
What does affording it have to do with this? I have one and when I changed my tires I was surprised by how heavy these wheels are, I expected something lighter. Ive read about em being the same weight several times already and that video seems pretty conclusive to me. I still dont mind, at least the do look nicer ;)

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
84 Posts
Wow, too bad you can't afford an zx-10rr, oh yeah if you think that youtube video is proof you are to weak to believe yoiu can;t afford the zx10rr
Cope. You're wasting your money unless you need that 400 extra rpm for high level racing. Otherwise it's basically a ZX10R that costs $28k. Go on Kawasaki's website. The first thing they mention in the RR's description is the marchesini wheels. Same weight as the R. I'd take a Gen 4 or 5 with a Akrapovic system and BST wheels over your bike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Odd cap? They are clearly heavier... so I'd take the stock wheels and they are cheaper to replace if you go down. The RR had a complete engine overhaul so I wonder how much that will benefit! hopefully more than 2whp.

For street Bren tune is great, for track I've heard its trash.

Did you remove the oil cooler to install the headers?! Does that mean you need to drain?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts