·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Well, it's that time of year. We should start seeing legitimate leaks soon.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
omg! I so want a g6 to be the transfiguration of the g4 however built to last and about 400 pounds!

Timing is right, too, as my '13 g4 warranty runs out sept, 2018. That means green light from wife for new bike; dang extended warranty tripped me up as when I bought it promised her that no new bike until warranty runs out.

This is hopeful news. So want Kawa admin to build tough and keep weight about 400 pounds and really, we don't need frills like the tc or odd fork whatevers.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New ZX6R?? That’s unexpected...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cant remember a time that Kawasaki released the 6 and 10 at the same time....I think the last time this happend was 2001 with the ZX6 and ZX9 released same year.

I hope this go round they make them look similar.... vs. the ZX6 R look more like the Gen 5... and the Gen 6 zx10R the latest n greatest.

I wonder if they will take a page from yamaha and the current styling of the R1 and R6. R6 looks better :)

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2018/june/zx6r-2019

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Really pessimistic about this. More excited about the new upcoming BMW.

"While the document provides strong evidence that there will be a new ZX-10R for 2019, it doesn’t give any clue as to what changes will be made. While the last week’s 2019 Kawasaki ZX-636R emissions certificates gave key details about the upcoming new model – its capacity, name, weight, exhaust emissions and the emission technology being used – there’s no such info regarding the 2019 ZX-10R yet."

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I’m seriously just surprised that there’s a new 600 class bike by any manufacturer. With the new emissions standards and the impending death of the supersport racing series, I just didn’t think anybody would put forth the effort to release a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,690 Posts
Great.... not too excited about new bikes so much anymore. They have lost their "souls" to digital enhancements. This gen will probably be another electronic bloated bike. Sure it makes it easier to ride and it turns mediocre track day riders faster, however it doesn't improve rider skills at all.

Saw an episode of a Jay Leno car show where he is on a bike on the track. It's the GSXR 1000. Anyway, one bike is without rider aids and he's pretty slow. Gets on the same bike with all the electric rider assists and he's like a minute or two faster. Whoopdee dooo!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Can't wait to see if Honda will release the RVF1000R for 19, apparently Aprilia is coming with a complete new RSV4 for 2019 as well with 215HP and 1100cc displacement....

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Will the new Aprilia come with the same build quality issues as well? lol. Love the RSV4. But but... build quality.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Leaks such as this for a 10R have been circulating since late-2016 and 2017 and every time Kawi just updated the trim slightly. Now... ABS comes standard, they released an RR version, then an SE. At this point I think it's doubtful Kawi will release a brand new Gen so early. If anything they'll keep leaning out the brochure to bring the more expensive models down in price or start offering the more advanced tech on the std. model to better sell it or give it more of an edge in shootouts. If they release a brand new Gen though I assume it'll be like the 2011-2012+ conversion that Honda did with the fireblades. Refreshed fairings slightly, new dash, less factory restriction, small stuff to help goad naive customers into fronting a hefty bill and improving their sales figures.

Also the same leaks for a new Gen circulated the BMW circle for years and they got nothing but incremental trim updates and tweaks (much like what Kawi is doing). Finally by process of elimination they finally got truly new gen 6 years down the road. It's still too early for Kawi based on what the competition is doing. Yamaha went 6 years. Suzuki went 8. Kawi prev went 5. Aprilia and KTM never went. Ducati is the only one who released a new gen in a surprising 3 years back-to-back mind you.

EDIT: Almost forgot Honda too. Took em 9 years to come out with the latest gen (5 if you consider 12'+ a new gen).

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
473 Posts
Leaks such as this for a 10R have been circulating since late-2016 and 2017 and every time Kawi just updated the trim slightly. Now... ABS comes standard, they released an RR version, then an SE. At this point I think it's doubtful Kawi will release a brand new Gen so early. If anything they'll keep leaning out the brochure to bring the more expensive models down in price or start offering the more advanced tech on the std. model to better sell it or give it more of an edge in shootouts. If they release a brand new Gen though I assume it'll be like the 2011-2012+ conversion that Honda did with the fireblades. Refreshed fairings slightly, new dash, less factory restriction, small stuff to help goad naive customers into fronting a hefty bill and improving their sales figures.

Also the same leaks for a new Gen circulated the BMW circle for years and they got nothing but incremental trim updates and tweaks (much like what Kawi is doing). Finally by process of elimination they finally got truly new gen 6 years down the road. It's still too early for Kawi based on what the competition is doing. Yamaha went 6 years. Suzuki went 8. Kawi prev went 5. Aprilia and KTM never went. Ducati is the only one who released a new gen in a surprising 3 years back-to-back mind you.
Ill buy that...

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
473 Posts
O Lord please can i have a Supercharged 10 :thefinger_red:
Oh I’m sorry, you must not have heard of the other Kawasaki liter bike called the H2?>:)

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
1 - 20 of 94 Posts