Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I there any talk of a gen 5??

·
Registered
254 Posts
I there any talk of a gen 5??
I tried searching and cannot find anything solid. Someone has to know right, its getting close to production. Even a revamped gen4 would work. new body work, and some extra toys to play with.
Found this online from someone talking about it. it looked good to me
1) Factory quick shifter
2) Expanded Traction control settings with lean angle sensors<-------i believe it already uses lean angle sensors? NO?
3) Wheelie control<-------Does the TC not already control this?
4) Revised race ABS settings. Possibly with user select-able settings
5) Revised cylinder head
6) revised camshafts
7) revised exhaust
8) Revised intake port and air box
9) Slight geometry changes and improved rear shock.
I found this on zx10.net and its just a copy and paste from this thread actually http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/gen-5-zx10r-thoughts-hopes-wishes-269337.html

·
The Pace
6,931 Posts
Just get the g4. I suspect the gen 5 will be a supercharged 600 or 750 giving us the 165 hp with new plastic, rear axle from left to right; 400 pounds wet; no stupid cotter pin on axle nut; and all kinds of paint color choices except no green. lol

The test is the h2 supercharger. Kawa is gonna want real world test of that system before applying it to the next gen.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There better be green, that's the only way I roll

·
Registered
313 Posts
There better be green, that's the only way I roll
Everyone knows that the Black paint schemes show more whp on the dynos. And there 10#'s lighter too.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Just get the g4. I suspect the gen 5 will be a supercharged 600 or 750 giving us the 165 hp with new plastic, rear axle from left to right; 400 pounds wet; no stupid cotter pin on axle nut; and all kinds of paint color choices except no green. lol

The test is the h2 supercharger. Kawa is gonna want real world test of that system before applying it to the next gen.
The zx10 will not be a smaller displacement nor will it be charged. It would become illegal for all race series.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I want to be able to decide between lift, slide and tc like r1 so spins in straight line are ok but it'll step in if she starts to yaw. Same goes with wheelie control. The select ability is cool. With gen 4 slide is not a factor cuz it cuts power once spin is detected and lift is not a factor because tc instantly cuts power. With the 6 axis gyroscope the bike isn't a slave to wheel speed indicators

·
The Pace
6,931 Posts
I want to be able to decide between lift, slide and tc like r1 so spins in straight line are ok but it'll step in if she starts to yaw. Same goes with wheelie control. The select ability is cool. With gen 4 slide is not a factor cuz it cuts power once spin is detected and lift is not a factor because tc instantly cuts power. With the 6 axis gyroscope the bike isn't a slave to wheel speed indicators
Very hard to tc to come on for me when on 1. I would have to try to break rear loose with corsa near fabric. I think kawa knows that the tc is a joke unless it really works in the wet, which I have no idea.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm fairly certain a gen 5 is coming. I read on crash.net an interview with Loris Baz and his move to Moto GP. He said something along the lines of he moved to GP a year early because he only had a 2 year option since Kawasaki was coming out with a new bike next year. And that if Rea replaced him that's a championship for sure. When I get a few mins I'll see if I can find it. I don't think he realized he slipped up though.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I'm fairly certain a gen 5 is coming. I read on crash.net an interview with Loris Baz and his move to Moto GP. He said something along the lines of he moved to GP a year early because he only had a 2 year option since Kawasaki was coming out with a new bike next year. And that if Rea replaced him that's a championship for sure. When I get a few mins I'll see if I can find it. I don't think he realized he slipped up though.
I read the same article.

"It's good. That's why I wanted to come to MotoGP by 2016, because a lot of things are changing. The first plan was to come next year, not this year. I made the move this year because I had no chance to stay only one more year in World Superbike. I had only two or three years contract choice in Superbike with Kawasaki because of the new bike coming. So I decided to move here early, to learn this year. For sure the front guys will be the same next year, but maybe we have the chance to be closer and near the podium sometimes. It was the right time to come. "

I think what he said was more in reference to
1) the new bike used in WSBK since it had new, more strict rules to adhere to this season and rather sign a rider to a one year contract and waste that R&D time and data on a rider that is going to be gone next year, Kawi wanted at least a two year commitment to get their worth out of the deal.
2) He knew he already was headed to GP after seeing there was no one year contract option for him, so he wanted to make the jump as soon as possible to get as much time on possible on the new GP bike to get it sorted to be as competitive as he could be on a new team, new series, new bike, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts