Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just talked to my dealer. Mine was affected- parts are on order. 3 hrs labour. - basically replacing the gears.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's some pictures of mine getting torn down.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Seeing all these posts makes me wonder if my dealership really had the faulty VINs in hand when I called him 2 weeks ago...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I checked my VIN several different times over the past 2 weeks with nothing and thought I was clear..... until today. Got home from work and had a nice Recall Notice in the mail. Checked again online and there she was. Moral of the story.... everyone needs to keep looking out for this.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just emailed Kawasaki Canada and they replied within 45 seconds (I'm impressed). I'm also part of the recall. Time to shop for the best dealership in a 1000 miles area !

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My GEN5 had the recall done and it's for sale. I can give you the phone number of the mechanic who did the work. :) I would be surprised if there are any GEN5s that are NOT part of the recall. I got one of the first GEN5s (#401 if memory serves correctly) and the recall goes all the way up into the 2018 models.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My GEN5 had the recall done and it's for sale. I can give you the phone number of the mechanic who did the work. :) I would be surprised if there are any GEN5s that are NOT part of the recall. I got one of the first GEN5s (#401 if memory serves correctly) and the recall goes all the way up into the 2018 models.
Damn, well thanks for the offer but I'm in Canada.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts