Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been considering fitting my bike with some carbon fiber but was wondering if anyone's ever fitted their zx's with it before and how does it fit?

I've been in contact with one place here in the US who makes theirs out of CNC mould but was looking for some opinions and suggestions thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
I asked Mike from rider discounters on here a little bit ago if they had any carbon bits yet, he said not really yet. So I'm definitely interested

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
No not really. I like my stuff to look good but I ride about 12k miles a year so they get their use 2

·
Registered
776 Posts
Iv done carbon on my Gen 4 and it looks good if i do say so myself, there is limited carbon available for the gen 5 atm like you can get the tail fairings and fuel tank fairings but the front and sides are hard to find, Tekarbon lists the side fairings of the 2011-15 on there 2016 page and they will work but they arent technically gen 5 fairings.

I wouldnt recommend Tekarbon fairings as they dont put a uv stabilizer on them so they arent so great long term.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The description on their site under every part says they do?

i know because I have a set of front fairings on my 2011 and they are changing colour so that is BS, that or the rokscarbon tank and frame covers iv got are 10 times better

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Just be be aware that I agree with RBZ10R on Tekarbon!the quality with fit and finish wasnt what it should be!but thats 2 years ago

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dont think any of the firms that produce carbon fibre panels will ever come close to an OEM fit, all of them will require work, i have bought various panels off various manufactures over the years, none of them were perfect., some of course are better than others, but i think if you buy some thinking its going to be a direct swap for OEM you'll be sadly disappointed.

The only bits i ever found that fitted properly were the ones supplied by the bike manufactures themselves, my last bike an Aprilia RSV4 was fitted with several carbon parts that Aprilia sold as extras and they were about a good a fit as you could expect.

·
Registered
776 Posts
How long ago did u buy them? Maybe they have since changed the process?

bought them prob a year ago now, unless they have invested in a lot of equipment id say they haven't changed, they are manual lamination.

i rek these guys would be far better but $$$ they do dry carbon also
--KAWASAKI//ZX-10R�@11- --

looks like gen 5 stuff coming soon

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well i definitely want time get a good amount of carbon accents,but don't want to go full fairing. So I want some good quality stuff that's going to fit decent and hold up, color and all.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well i definitely want time get a good amount of carbon accents,but don't want to go full fairing. So I want some good quality stuff that's going to fit decent and hold up, color and all.

iv got a carbon fuel tank cover and frame covers from Roks and very happy way better than the Tekarbon stuff

check them out here:

Kawasaki - RoksCarbon shop

this is a pretty cool kit:
Carbon kit Kawasaki ZX-10R 2011-2015 - RoksCarbon shop

FYI i have no idea why the url says rsv4 at the end of it? its def ZX10R stuff

·
Registered
776 Posts

iv got a carbon fuel tank cover and frame covers from Roks and very happy way better than the Tekarbon stuff

check them out here:

Kawasaki - RoksCarbon shop

this is a pretty cool kit:
Carbon kit Kawasaki ZX-10R 2011-2015 - RoksCarbon shop

FYI i have no idea why the url says rsv4 at the end of it? its def ZX10R stuff

for reference here is my bike: (if you look carefully you can see the side fairings look faded compared to the frame and tank covers)

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am looking for a carbon fiber rear under tail to get rid of the matte black plastic. I want to replace all the matte black plastic with carbon fiber.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts