Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
The wire mod just forces the bike to run on neutral maps. There's way too much timing advance in the low RPM's, the neutral map is not meant to run under a load

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,973 Posts
So, no one has done the "wire mod" to the G5 yet that I'm aware of. I'd suspect that it would work though and be the same thing as the G4 if anyone did it. And that is...nothing other than being able to post about it on a forum! 'Twas a trash mod on the G4 when it came out, and would still be a trash "mod" now on the new version.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
So, no one has done the "wire mod" to the G5 yet that I'm aware of. I'd suspect that it would work though and be the same thing as the G4 if anyone did it. And that is...nothing other than being able to post about it on a forum! 'Twas a trash mod on the G4 when it came out, and would still be a trash "mod" now on the new version.
:notworthy::thumbsup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
I don't have a Gen5. But.........I think the Gen 5 has just ETVs and no STPs. If that is the case I doubt the neutral map is something you would want to default to.

On my GSXR1000R the neutral map would lose power for sure.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
The neutral map for throttle restriction isn't bad per se'. FTECU gives you access to that data. It would be a good fit as a 1st-3rd replacement. The 4th-6th maps vary quite a bit though. For that reason I also wouldn't want to default to the neutral map all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts