Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crushed my front fairings and fairing stay on my 2018 ZX10R and am looking to replace my air intake tube and fairing stay. Can I use a GEN 4 air intake duct on my GEN 5?

Part numbers changed but not sure it really matters for a track bike without the pure air system removed and fiberglass fairings. I can buy a chinese ABS plastic GEN4 for $50 brand new vs dropping $150+ for a used OEM GEN 5 intake.

Chinese part for GEN4 below.

Camera accessory Gadget Cameras & optics Digital camera Rectangle

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't worry I've f#$&ed around with a lot of stuff on the Zx10r gen4+ so if I see it I'll try and help
Great! It looks like Motoholders/DBHolders etc differentiate between the upper fairing stay (cluster, holds top of front fairing) for the GEN 4 and the GEN 5. Do you know the difference there? Or is it something stupid for the pure air injection and I can use GEN 4 as well?

·
Registered
871 Posts
yeah that is because the mount for the dash holder has different upper fairing mounting points for Gen 4 and Gen 5 hence the different parts. Gen 5 fairing mounting points are lower and diff angle to Gen 4

If you want a BSB/WSBK Gen 5 dash holder part I have one spare as I have Gen 4 fairings, I'm in Australia but happy to ship. $80 USD + whatever shipping costs, at a guess its prob around 40-50 USD. NOTE: it has a one dezus fastener per side for the top fairing.

its the top bit not the bottom bit, its made of fiberglass and has an extra bit on the front for a camera or other electronics etc.

For reference the bottom bit is an XXL carbon ramair duct

1 - 6 of 6 Posts