Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if there is a thread already please share the link?

My thai spec just got notice they are recalling for gears failure under load. Anyone familiar with what they are doing to fix these?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wasn't aware of that. After a quick research, I found that Kawasaki dealers are supposed to replace the transmission with a new one (according to canadian government):
Recall Details

I wonder if this is a selective recall like the steering damper one, or if ALL the gen 5 are recalled. How can we find out ? Calling our dealership ?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Never heard of a problem with the GEN5 transmission. They should have recalled the GEN4 transmissions though. That was the worst.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,978 Posts
Yeah, that's a new one. The only recall up to this point on that model is the over-tightened damper bolt. :rolleyes:

This recall isn't even on Kawasaki's website as being released yet. That may be due to the fact that the dealers all have to be notified first and then the public. We'll see. But that is the first time that's been even mentioned.

I wasn't aware of that. After a quick research, I found that Kawasaki dealers are supposed to replace the transmission with a new one (according to canadian government):
Recall Details

I wonder if this is a selective recall like the steering damper one, or if ALL the gen 5 are recalled. How can we find out ? Calling our dealership ?
Based on that link, it would appear as though the recall is selective. Since only 241 models are affected, it's likely based on a build date or supplier issue for certain ones.

All recalls for your bike would be researched off of Kawasaki's website. You plug in your VIN and it will show that applicable recalls for it. But that's only if they don't have your current mailing address because they are supposed to send you a notice in the mail regarding it if it applies.

Reactions: lun471k

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, that's a new one. The only recall up to this point on that model is the over-tightened damper bolt. :rolleyes:

This recall isn't even on Kawasaki's website as being released yet. That may be due to the fact that the dealers all have to be notified first and then the public. We'll see. But that is the first time that's been even mentioned.

Based on that link, it would appear as though the recall is selective. Since only 241 models are affected, it's likely based on a build date or supplier issue for certain ones.

All recalls for your bike would be researched off of Kawasaki's website. You plug in your VIN and it will show that applicable recalls for it. But that's only if they don't have your current mailing address because they are supposed to send you a notice in the mail regarding it if it applies.
Well, that just made me realize that my postal code is totally wrong on my Kawasaki profile. Thanks. I sent an email to my dealer just in case there's a way for them to check if the recalls apply to my bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts