Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Gen 5 I picked up 7 weeks ago is killing it drag racing, I've run my local bracket racing and NHDRO, 6 weeks in a row I've been to the finals and won 2 of them. The gen 5 is a bad bike for sure.

Best so far is 9.92 at 142 swb.
I'm a hair over 200 suited
16/39 gearing
Brock's Alien Head 3/4 system
Brock's front strap
PCV with Brock's street tune
Cycle Concepts Gen 1 drag pak with the super heavy springs
Brock's clutch mod
120+ passes on the clutch without missing a beat. I'd get 25-30 on my gen 4 before I was going through it.
That's it for mods. Definitely can't wait to see what this thing will do with a flash and filter. You can feel it start to nose over around 10,500-11,000 rpm. I shift at 13,000 and leave at 8k. 1.66 60 foot.

So far what's the fastest Gen 5 swb and stretched? My goal is to go 9.50s consistently swb then shoot for 8.99. I've been getting stuff set up to do an E85 tune on the bike verse paying 25 dollars a gallon for MR12.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow, sounds like you're tearing it up. What are you dialing at? I would like to run mine while my son is running his 1/2 scale jr dragster. Was thinking a fork strap and flash at a minimum. Definitely do not want to change the wheelbase as I will be hitting the road course occasionally.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
9.95-9.99 right now. I still haven't done the first bit of adjusting on the shock other then bringing the bike down about an 1.5 inches. So I could probably soften it up a lot and pick up more.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I just got back from schnitz getting mine flashed. We shall see how it does. The autoblipper is fun!

·
Registered
727 Posts
You’ll be able to get into the 8s pretty soon once you get more comfortable with it! Try some race gas and take it to schnitz for the tune. If your right next door to him since it looks like your from Ohio?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well I just got back from schnitz getting mine flashed. We shall see how it does. The autoblipper is fun!

Still drag racing your bike? If so, any update on mods or time slips?
Im building a 2016 just finishing up Swingarm swap. Had 2-6 over now I have 12-16 over arm on it and a few other upgrades. Here is a pic of my bike with previous 2-6 over Swingarm
A3647861-499A-47F9-B3CA-F52BA52775F0.jpeg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts