Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Call me crazy, but prior to installing new exhaust and tune (no changes to QS settings), my QS was unpredictable. My bike would sometimes lurch when using QS, low, mid, or high rpm (less at high RPM, more at mid, and I rarely QS at low - all under load). After the exhaust and tune, it is way better (still a little too slow for my liking - like just a tad, but on par for manual no clutch shift). Is this because of the tune (de-restricting, increased HP, etc?)

There were no changes to stock QS settings.

Anyone else experience this before and after tune?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,974 Posts
Nope. Likely just in your head
:+1:

The quickshifter is designed for full throttle track use. Using it a low RPMs is not what it's designed for. If used at part throttle openings that is not what it's designed for. If you're below 8,000 RPM, don't use the QS. If you're not near full throttle, don't use the QS. And I always recommend not using the QS at all for the 1-2 shift. :headshake:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
:+1:

The quickshifter is designed for full throttle track use. Using it a low RPMs is not what it's designed for. If used at part throttle openings that is not what it's designed for. If you're below 8,000 RPM, don't use the QS. If you're not near full throttle, don't use the QS. And I always recommend not using the QS at all for the 1-2 shift. :headshake:
You are 100% correct with everything in this post.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
My QS is as smooth as butter, but particular. It will be a little jerky if I'm not above 6K RPMs or if I'm not accelerating. First gear ratio is very torquey so I tend not to clutchless upshift out of or downshift into it. I didn't own the bike when it was completely stock, picked it up modded and flashed, so I can't tell you if anything changed post-mods, but I wouldn't doubt a flash improves the "smoothness" as most flashes do.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My QS is as smooth as butter, but particular. It will be a little jerky if I'm not above 6K RPMs or if I'm not accelerating. First gear ratio is very torquey so I tend not to clutchless upshift out of or downshift into it. I didn't own the bike when it was completely stock, picked it up modded and flashed, so I can't tell you if anything changed post-mods, but I wouldn't doubt a flash improves the "smoothness" as most flashes do.
This is what I'm thinking. I know I said to call me crazy, lol, but seriously the bike would lurch, and I wasn't too happy to QS while moderately leaned in a wide sweeping turn. This is a stock restricted USA model (for you lucky Euro folks).

After flash tune the bike hasn't lurched at all, and I have stronger midrange. This might be in my head - but probably not based on dyno results with same mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts