Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I have a 2017 zx10rr in my garage that my friend loaned me to test ride as I am considering buying one (regular R). Been riding 25 years, and owned 15 bikes, and modded many of them, and do all my own work. Contact points and ergos are #1 priority for me, so bars, rearsets, and seats are something I'd like to sort out first, before pulling the trigger and buying a new '17

First, clip-ons, specifically riser clip-ons. If anyone has experience on an 2016-17, I would really appreciate knowing "how high can you go", what brand did you use, and what issues did you run in to? I can see a 1" rise is do-able without re-positioning the brake resevoir, but I'd love to go 1-1/2" or 2" if possible.....

Second, rearsets.....now, don't flame me, but I need the pegs a bit lower (1/2") and further back. Anyone know who makes such a setup?

And while I am at it, any seat recommendations? I've used Corbin and Sargent on previous bikes, and would love to hear your recommendations for something more comfortable, as I am a day rider (400+ miles) and occasional track day rider.

Thanks in advance, I'd really like to sort this out in the next week or so

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm not sure about the gen 5 but I put a set of cbr1000rr 2006 clipons directly onto my gen 3. It rises the bars a little more than an inch without any changes in clutch or brake lines. Anything more than that and you're looking at changing them.

It took about two hours to do and a small amount of modification on the clipons to get them to fit - nothing that you couldn't do with a hacksaw and a file. I bought them on ebay for about €60. The originals and the top yoke are unchanged so it's a easy to put them back.

There's small brackets you can buy for the rear sets. They're designed to lift and move them back but if you swap them over they drop the pegs. If you push hard though you'll quickly find yourself running out of ground clearance on your toes. Again ebay €40. It a quick fix without spending a fortune and if you like it and want to spend more you can buy the expensive ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts