Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a 14 previously and shimmed shock 8mm iirc and it was instant night and day difference in stability, wheelie reduction out of corners, and way faster turn in. that's before making any additional changes....

so I now have a new zx10 I haven't rode and just finished up doing the other stuff and putting it back together, this is the last thing hold me up from putting it back together...

so does a stock G5 turn in WAY faster than a stock G4 due to geometry changes? I will be moving after I assemble it and having surgery on Friday so I need to sort it out in 24hrs so it can be finished. I have 1.5mm and 3mm shims ready to go in.

please advise.

·
The Pace
6,953 Posts
Wheelie reduction? These babies fight wheelies. However, if you like what you did, simply wait, ride the new, and make your decision then. No one here can offer you the feedback you need because no one here know how you ride. First red flag for me was your 'wheelie' point (meaning, you do NOT ride this bike). And I know wheelies probs, as had the 07 R1; wild ride but all good as dialed. So test and build upon what you know from experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts