Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of race fairing availability for the Gen 5? I should have one to be built in December but I am pretty concerned about race fairing availability if I am to race it in March

Any info is appreciated

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Good question. I have to assume they're all working on it and they'll be available soon. I just fired off an email to Armor Bodies to see if they could give me an estimate on when they will be available as I might be in the market for a set very soon myself.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question. I have to assume they're all working on it and they'll be available soon. I just fired off an email to Armor Bodies to see if they could give me an estimate on when they will be available as I might be in the market for a set very soon myself.
Do you mind letting me know what they have to say? I was going to send them one soon too.

Sharkskinz said they need a local person to lend them a bike to take the mould from. May take some time

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Just got a response back from Armour Bodies:

Thanks for the email. We are just getting a bike next week. My goal is to have parts ready to go (in stock) for March. I think that is a realistic estimate that we can get done. Please let us know if we can help!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone heard of race fairing availability for the Gen 5? I should have one to be built in December but I am pretty concerned about race fairing availability if I am to race it in March

Any info is appreciated
Please keep this updated if anyone finds more info on availabilty of Sharkskinz or Armour Bodies.

Alan

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased Bikeplast bodywork Full racing fairing kit Kawasaki ZX10R 2016 - Bikesplast.com

Stay away. It seems like it would be top notch however the gel coat cracks very easy. It is also very rough and requires sanding and priming before you can paint it. Even hotbodies has primer on it and requires less prep.

Still dealing with the seller for a seat I paid for as well as dzus clips which were suppose to be included. All after the bodywork showed up 6 weeks late. They did ship the bodywork for $50.00 USD and waived the 250..00 additioonal theye were going to charge me though...lol

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
anyone selling there Gen 5 Hotbodies bodyworks?

$350?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts