Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got home from riding in a charity ride and when I get done I?m heading home and get on the highway, not literally a mile down the road at 80 my right side plastics just exploded! Lost the whole right side, trashed the center piece and broke part of the left side. You can obviously see I haven?t laid it down. Now come tomorrow morning is going to begin the fight of trying to get it warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Good luck with warranty coverage for that. It's not like you just took delivery of the bike and the fairings flew off on the ride home.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Good luck with warranty coverage for that. It's not like you just took delivery of the bike and the fairings flew off on the ride home.
:+1:

Yep, got a drag swingarm and Crocks pipe, lol, good luck with warranty when they tell you that you or someone took all that shit off and didint re install it correctly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This really sucks,and Im sorry it happened to you.

Having said that, how do you figure your warranty should cover this? If it were a known fault in this bike, I get it, but its not.

Warranty is for real defects. Now owner caused problems.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Did you remove/re-install the plastic?

i've always been amazed how well the plastic holds up with the plastic rivets. Hit deer, vultures, birds and the dang plastic just cracks except one time, after a deer hit, the bottom of the front harness broke around that plastic bolt. I just drilled a couple holes and zipped tied.

Anyway, check with dealer and he'll check with kawa corp and let you know where you stand.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I actually might have the pieces you need in good shape. I crashed mine at about 2 weeks old on the left side. I bought a complete set of fairings to replace it. My right side should be good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually might have the pieces you need in good shape. I crashed mine at about 2 weeks old on the left side. I bought a complete set of fairings to replace it. My right side should be good.
The hero has arrived

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Was that a left hand corner?

If so, I'm wondering why you didn't compromise your line slightly and go inside instead of trying to go around, especially when he starts to move?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Actually I see it better now but if it had been me, at 1:16 I would be hard on the brakes and nipped in on the inside, and give him the WANKER hand gesture. No way would I risk trying to go around someone so foolish to move that far off their line, especially as I didn't seem them give any gesture or even look around.

Sorry to see that for you.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I was in the braking zone coming off the straight. The rear wheel was dancing and couldn't brake any harder than I was like every other lap coming off the straight. You're not supposed to come out of hot pit and swing all the way across the track right into the racing line when you're not up to speed and I never in a million years imagined he was going to keep coming across right into my line until about .00001 second before I hit him. It's called a severe violation of the blend line. You're supposed to hug the left side of the track all the way through turn one and get up to speed before merging into traffic after turn 1.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nope, you?re wrong TDH.. Looking at your video in slow mo i could have easily been on the gas a full 2 seconds longer, backed the rear into the corner while flipping the guy off and dragging elbow with the same hand.

..and then woke up from my wet dream!

·
Registered
171 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts