Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
You have floating rotors and your pulling the bike backwards which is the opposite way they're bedding in. I did this at dealer before leaving and tech grabbed onto the front rotors and snapped them back and forth. As time goes by they'll stop doing that. I think that's what you're hearing

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have floating rotors and your pulling the bike backwards which is the opposite way they're bedding in. I did this at dealer before leaving and tech grabbed onto the front rotors and snapped them back and forth. As time goes by they'll stop doing that. I think that's what you're hearing
Should have mentioned that once in a while theyll do it forward but not consistently. What strikes me as odd is almost all rotors are floating and none of my other bikes were loud like this.

Anyway ill give it some time .

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I changed the brake pads on my GEN5 the other day and I noticed the springy clips force them to one end. I assume this prevents the clunk for normal forward braking, but I would also guess it's possible when rolling backwards and braking they could make a clunk. Not saying it's the pads clunking in the calipers but it's a possibility. Hard to tell from a video where the noise is coming from. Might help to have a friend try to pinpoint the sound.

·
Registered
966 Posts
If you grab the rotor and rotate it towards front of bike it'll click. I just did it on mine. Takes a little effort. Once it clicks forward you can click it back. It's good.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
wicked sound Not noticed on my g4's but never go backwards if I recall. My guess is the g5 brakes which have some negative reports but can't remember if it was abs based or whatever.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As turtle 1000 said above i can move these with my hands and make the noise both ways although not as harsh as using the bike brakes.

I assume everything is ok although the play is excessive compared to bikes I've had in the past

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
As turtle 1000 said above i can move these with my hands and make the noise both ways although not as harsh as using the bike brakes.

I assume everything is ok although the play is excessive compared to bikes I've had in the past
for sure has to be the g5 calipers as both by g4's brakes never peep when on stands or road. BUT I would ask dealer to check as no way will Kawa design it that harsh. Not right is my feeling.

·
Registered
966 Posts
for sure has to be the g5 calipers as both by g4's brakes never peep when on stands or road. BUT I would ask dealer to check as no way will Kawa design it that harsh. Not right is my feeling.
It's only on gen 5 and the tech where I bought it said it's cool. It's not harsh just a small click if you're rolling backwards and hit brakes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts