Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actual tire circumference. That's something measured on the tire, not provided by most manufacturers. 1967mm is 77 inches. You have to measure the outer circumference of the specific tires you're using to update the information in Woolich to account for that.
Given DTH numbers, am I overlooking something? I went to Bridgestone's website and it's showing much lower numbers for my tires (601 and 648). Or is this a different number? Images say OD (outer diameter)? Or is that a measurement from top to bottom (12 to 6) and I have to measure the outer diameter in a clock method, from 12:00 all the way around the entire tire back to 12:00; approx 77 inches, etc.

UPDATE: Just measured my tires outer diameter using a fiberglass (non-stretch) tape measure and measured 74 inches front, 80 inches rear. Converted, that equals 1879.6 (1880mm) Front and 2032mm Rear. I believe my buddy input "standard" sizing, which may or may not be close to the current diameters of my Bridgestone S22s. To be determined. And interesting enough, I will remeasure at the end of my tire lifespan to see how great the difference in diameter is when worn down.

Given different measurements, how does this effect the speedometer in mph? Say, if the inputted data in mm is off by 1/2 inch, 1 inch, 3 inches, etc? Is it a factor like, off by 1/2 mph per every 1 inch or something? Or off 1 mph per every inch the data is incorrect? Just curious if anyone knows this or has tested this theory.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,008 Posts
Excellent input. May I ask, where do you obtain the info for the tires? Is this a diameter thing? I seen in DTH's spreadsheet 1868mm and 1967mm, but I honestly don't know where this info is pulled from.
I get my info from the manufacturer. Pirelli posts that stuff for thier sc1 2 and 3 tires. So pretty much any of the superbike slicks and the diablo supercorsa for sure. Never tried to look up any other rubber. .I actually need to for the 200/55 Q4s I'm running right now cause I noticed in about 2 to 3 mph off and around 85 or 90 mph. Just like it dialed in. You can also adjust the fan activation temp, the idle speed and timing, and can remap the other power settings to be custom maps at full power instead of having reduced power modes...woolich is seriously the first mod you should do. Then anything else you can easily adjust for as you go.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,008 Posts
Given DTH numbers, am I overlooking something? I went to Bridgestone's website and it's showing much lower numbers for my tires (601 and 648). Or is this a different number? Images say OD (outer diameter)? Or is that a measurement from top to bottom (12 to 6) and I have to measure the outer diameter in a clock method, from 12:00 all the way around the entire tire back to 12:00; approx 77 inches, etc.

View attachment 446336 View attachment 446337

UPDATE: Just measured my tires outer diameter using a fiberglass (non-stretch) tape measure and measured 74 inches front, 80 inches rear. Converted, that equals 1879.6 (1880mm) Front and 2032mm Rear. I believe my buddy input "standard" sizing, which may or may not be close to the current diameters of my Bridgestone S22s. To be determined. And interesting enough, I will remeasure at the end of my tire lifespan to see how great the difference in diameter is when worn down.

Given different measurements, how does this effect the speedometer in mph? Say, if the inputted data in mm is off by 1/2 inch, 1 inch, 3 inches, etc? Is it a factor like, off by 1/2 mph per every 1 inch or something? Or off 1 mph per every inch the data is incorrect? Just curious if anyone knows this or has tested this theory.
Diameter is from one side to the other, radius is center to edge, circumference is 2x π×r ...so 2x3.14 times radius which is 1/2 of diameter times itself..anyhow. Or you could just measure around and get the circumference. Easier to mark the tire with chalk and roll the bike then measure the ground. Idk...it does dial the speedo in nicely for sure and if u saw this before the edit. I gave pi r squared which is the area not the circumference. My bad

21 - 24 of 24 Posts