Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a gen 5 after owning a gen 4 and i gotta say what a difference!!

aprently though, not enough to beat an unflashed 15 bmw s1000rr from a 50 roll going straight

curious to know what the gen 5 guys are putting to get that extra jump

my bike already has::
- graves slip on and mid pipe
- mwr high flow air filter
- ecu reflash..bikes puttng out 191hp which i feel is a tad low giving what ive got

people are telling me the next step is the sprockets so i was hoping someone can tell me which sprockets they've used on their 16

and from what i understand the next step after that is the cams but im trying to do as much little stuff before opening the motor

perhaps also if anyone in the ny area is or knows someone who specializes in these bikes and can maybe take a look at what my tuner did and see if we can get more please give me a shout

·
Registered
569 Posts
Use race gas and get a dyno tune for the added knock resistance. That should net you 200whp.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
Welcome!

You got 191hp with bolt-ons and think that's low? I think that's really pretty much where you should be. What did it put down before the mods? It's more important to know what it gained before and after as opposed to the total number. Was it custom tuned or just a mail in flash?

The problem is the s1000 has more mid range. Not much you're going to be able to do besides the gearing. If your main goal is to run him down, then -1/+2 on the sprockets should get you there.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
use -1 on the front,a dn do it again.

I posted my gen4 vs a bmw and you can see in one pic that the beemer has in come points a lot more hp until we get hi on rpms where my gen4 has some hp more.

th gen 5 is even faster and with that you should be side by side but you have to change gearing, the bmw is geared very good and the gen5 is very tall.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2012 BMW s1000rr (-1 front, -1 rear, 16/44) with over 200rwhp, BST's and about $20k in total mods and after my Woolich autotune (only done one so far) i can say the Gen5 zx10 is NOT lacking in performance anywhere.

I was shocked at how the woolich autotune transformed the bike, 3rd gear wheelies with stock gearing and she is not dialed in yet :) i was advised to do the block off plates to get the autotune to work correctly. My gen 5 has a full Ti Akro system.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have a 2012 BMW s1000rr (-1 front, -1 rear, 16/44) with over 200rwhp, BST's and about $20k in total mods and after my Woolich autotune (only done one so far) i can say the Gen5 zx10 is NOT lacking in performance anywhere.

I was shocked at how the woolich autotune transformed the bike, 3rd gear wheelies with stock gearing and she is not dialed in yet :) i was advised to do the block off plates to get the autotune to work correctly. My gen 5 has a full Ti Akro system.
In the second paragraph (I use that term loosely here lol) which bike are you referring to? It is hard to tell. I am also interested in the woolich tuning solutions. You need block off plates for the afr/O2 sensor because the AIS (air injection system) will add extra air that is unaccounted for and give false afr reading to the sensor.

·
Registered
569 Posts
In the second paragraph (I use that term loosely here lol) which bike are you referring to? It is hard to tell. I am also interested in the woolich tuning solutions. You need block off plates for the afr/O2 sensor because the AIS (air injection system) will add extra air that is unaccounted for and give false afr reading to the sensor.
Also does woolich have a library of off the shelf tunes to to install on the ecu and use autotune to make it perfect? Guys on the r1 forums were getting the ecu flashed and then buying a pc5 to autotune the map that was created for thier exhaust and what not. If woolich does all that in one, that is nice!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Also does woolich have a library of off the shelf tunes to to install on the ecu and use autotune to make it perfect? Guys on the r1 forums were getting the ecu flashed and then buying a pc5 to autotune the map that was created for thier exhaust and what not. If woolich does all that in one, that is nice!
I'm also curious about this as well.. I've been thinking about getting the woolich flash.

Maybe zx10Archer can answer this for us. :hello:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
I'm also curious about this as well.. I've been thinking about getting the woolich flash.

Maybe zx10Archer can answer this for us. :hello:
Yes, they have a Mapshare feature which allows users to share maps between other users. There aren't many though and the purpose of using the Woolich stuff is to tune it yourself. These are usually a good starting point.

https://www.woolichracing.com/MapShare/

For more information about how and what features are available, look at their website. Archer hasn't been on much, but when he is he's a great resource for this stuff. And you'll have to get with him anyway to buy something in North America as he's the distributor.

Reactions: jr0065

·
Registered
569 Posts
There isn't much up there yet in terms of the 5th gen... yet. The kits are still relatively new, compared to the 4th gen.

I did put up the European values up on the MapShare for those looking for a quick click derestriction. Still far from optimized though in my opinion.
I don't have a tuner local to me. I would never dream of trying to tune a bike like this. So I am looking to have my ecu flashed with a map that is designed for the mods on my bike and use autotune to optimize the map for my local and bike specific conditions. Are you saying, eventually, there will be such a map available for download from woolich? Or from another user that has uploaded a map?

As of right now my only option is flash my map with FTECU and buy a power commander V and autotune. I would like to be able to do the same with woolich for 1/4 less money.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
I don't have a tuner local to me. I would never dream of trying to tune a bike like this. So I am looking to have my ecu flashed with a map that is designed for the mods on my bike and use autotune to optimize the map for my local and bike specific conditions. Are you saying, eventually, there will be such a map available for download from woolich? Or from another user that has uploaded a map?

As of right now my only option is flash my map with FTECU and buy a power commander V and autotune. I would like to be able to do the same with woolich for 1/4 less money.
If you're using the auto-tune setup, it will create the map for you. There would be no reason to load a base map on there and tune from that. Use the stock settings and let auto-tune do it's thing. The woolich auto-tune setup will do just that. You buy the auto-tune, hook it up and go. No reason to worry about someone elses map in that case. :confused:

Reactions: mpp12

·
Registered
569 Posts
Well and not to throw shade, but the "unrestricted" mapping in their set up is kind of bunk. Someone locally bought a kit for an R1 so I asked to see what they were doing and... yeah...

Not to mention there is no live data so if you want it tuned it's either a pain in the ass or an added cost of having to add a piggyback and tune it that way either by paying a shop to do it for you for an added cost or use the autotune solution. Plus their is that $400 up charge the make you pay for the autoblip which isn't even adjustable so you have to settle for the settings they think are okay, not what you think and feel are okay.

You can get our autotune kit and it will develop a map for you. I will not give my own mapping I developed for my bike, but I will give you the KRT Race Kit ECU settings which will be a very good solid starting point and definitely better than the European ECU settings. Then just use the autotune to fine tune your air fuel and let that be that.
The autoblip for the new R1 is $800 lol. $400 for the gen 5 zx10. And it is just a code to unlock that feature haha. I think that is nuts. So the KRT Race Kit ECU settings are designed for a bike with a full exhaust, AIS disabled, EXUP disabled, race air filter, etc.?

Also do you guys know if the american gen 5 has those one way turn bolts that have to be removed with a chisel that hold the ecu to the sub frame?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
So the KRT Race Kit ECU settings are designed for a bike with a full exhaust, AIS disabled, EXUP disabled, race air filter, etc.?
I don't think you quite understand how it works. The fueling for those mods you list would be handled by the auto-tune. The Kit settings would more affect the STP, ETV, ignition timing, etc, etc. But the things you mention would affect the fueling, which is the purpose of having auto-tune.

So what Archer is offering is to help you with the other settings in the map that don't have anything to do with the mods you mention, and then let auto-tune take care of the fueling automatically for those specific mods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great input guys I was hoping maybe someone knew which sprocket kit I should buy as well as any possible other little things I could add

1 - 20 of 22 Posts