Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1386 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
All New zx10

just watching WSBK Laguna Seca today and they mentioned that there will be an all-new zx10 for 2016

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
are you sure they weren't referencing a new WSBK class bike for KRT?
Yes I'm sure, played it back and watched it twice. They were talking about Sykes not being as dominating this season because of the change in ECU/rules, his riding style vs. Rey who is smoother through the turns, and then mentioned that the Kawi garages have mentioned the all-new zx10 for '16. this discussion is mid way through the 1st race (just after they show Randy Mamola in the Kawi garage)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I heard it as well that they will be having a new zx-10 design for 2016. dang, i liked seeing my bike race around the track and being able to say i drive the latest and greatest.

should be interesting to see where they go after the gen 4.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yup. Heard about it last week. I can't wait.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,662 Posts
That was confirmed a couple of weeks ago. No details, just the confirmation it was coming

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
"Kawasaki Racing Team Manager Guim Roda is quoted saying: “We will have a new Kawasaki ZX-10R in 2016. The concept will be the same but, with some details and changes, it will be even more competitive."

Hmmm..... more electronic bells and whistles probably. Maybe the gen5 can be piloted remotely.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I asked Jeremy Toye what he knew about the gen5 and he said "more power, little lighter, fly-by-wire, more bitchin"

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
..."more power, little lighter..."
Does this even need to be said? Even if it doesn't happen, these two things are the norm for what's to come.

When was the last time you heard initial rumors of a new model being slower and heavier?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Does this even need to be said? Even if it doesn't happen, these two things are the norm for what's to come.

When was the last time you heard initial rumors of a new model being slower and heavier?

It happened with the every GSXR1000 since 2006 and the 2009 R1 had nothing on the 08 model

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
yeeee

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

There are plenty of examples of new bikes that have turned out to be no lighter and in many cases heavier than previous iterations.

VFR800 certainly comes to mind and there are many others.

First GSXR 750 was 388 lbs dry. 1993 model was 458 lbs dry. 70 pound weight gain. Now we are back to about the same dry weight, 392 pounds for the L3 (2011) model. Only took them 30 years to figure it all out and far more power, too.

The addition of ABS systems along with electronics packages, including additional hardware such as accelerometers and gyros can add weight. Additional horsepower requires stronger assemblies and more robust suspension and brakes. These add weight.

Aprilia, BMW, Yamaha have not been able to really get below that 440-lb mark. The Kawasaki Gen 4 non-ABS is 437.

Also, getting more power without busting EPA noise regulations is not that simple, as we see with the Gen 4 and new R1.

Getting around that means new engineering to the exhaust system that will allow mechanical reduction of sound as well as light weight.

Which will Kawasaki go for? How will they get around these conundrums?

1 - 20 of 1386 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.