Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Funny, I thought the "Snatchiness" was worse with the engine braking on L vs Off.

Trying to get the new RR setup really makes me appreciate the BMW!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Did you have a roll racer tune the bike? Their idea of ETV throttle mapping is setting 1st gear to 75% so they don't have to worry about wheelies.

However, you can't really tune throttle feel on the dyno. I know you're familiar with Woolich so you could probably map it out yourself.
That's kinda stupid when you can use the wheelie / traction control for that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Funny, I thought the "Snatchiness" was worse with the engine braking on L vs Off.

Trying to get the new RR setup really makes me appreciate the BMW!
I have a 2018 and it's smooth as glass in both L and off. I did ride my friends BMW and it's smooth but kinda slow just as you come to the throttle.

·
Registered
714 Posts
After the flash my bike is waaaay better. Its even better with the KEBC on L, as suggested above, BUT when on maintains a high idle at 3k, which is unnerving in traffic.

Still pretty abrupt, but waaaaay better than stock.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
After the flash my bike is waaaay better. Its even better with the KEBC on L, as suggested above, BUT when on maintains a high idle at 3k, which is unnerving in traffic.

Still pretty abrupt, but waaaaay better than stock.
Who did the flash?

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
Yeah I don't think any sportbike within reason needs a 3K idle lol...

Also, if anything, the throttle response would be more abrupt with KEBC off. KEBC is primarily for track applications when heavy braking comes into play. When KEBC is on, and you cut off the throttle, the injectors will continue to spray a tiny amount of fuel... reducing the chances of wheel hop. Turning off injector decel-cut (or turning KEBC on) is supposed to greatly improve on-throttle feedback and smoothness. I think your issue lies in the fueling. I have a -1F, run KEBC on both L and off per track application and I have an R6 throttle tube which should induce snappyness... but I have zero issues what-so-ever and my bike is tuned by one of (if not thee) best ZX tuner in FL so it's not lacking in power by any means.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I don't think any sportbike within reason needs a 3K idle lol...

Also, if anything, the throttle response would be more abrupt with KEBC off. KEBC is primarily for track applications when heavy braking comes into play. When KEBC is on, and you cut off the throttle, the injectors will continue to spray a tiny amount of fuel... reducing the chances of wheel hop. Turning off injector decel-cut (or turning KEBC on) is supposed to greatly improve on-throttle feedback and smoothness. I think your issue lies in the fueling. I have a -1F, run KEBC on both L and off per track application and I have an R6 throttle tube which should induce snappyness... but I have zero issues what-so-ever and my bike is tuned by one of (if not thee) best ZX tuner in FL so it's not lacking in power by any means.
Who tuned your bike?

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's kinda stupid when you can use the wheelie / traction control for that

from what i understand.. the guys who are really good, they can tune the bike to be faster (for roll racing) via their custom throttle tuning rather than using the WC/TC... its just a lot of work and tine tuning to get it just right.... The_Bitch_Ninja is a great example... dude has his setup so dialed in

41 - 51 of 51 Posts