Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not too fluent in all things performance but I'm looking to flash my ecu, get my full akra, and dyno tune. There's so many flash services out there and I want some input on which would be best which has had a lot of positives. I race mostly on the street but plan on doing on track days soon. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Don't do flash get the woolich software, you can tune it the way you want, not just a generic flash, there are maps on map share which you can use as your base map and go from there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't do flash get the woolich software, you can tune it the way you want, not just a generic flash, there are maps on map share which you can use as your base map and go from there.
I wouldn't have the first clue to tuning it myself which is why I would just flash to unrestrict then put the exhaust and dyno tune it to be suited for the bike. I tried looking into the woolich software but I haven't the slightest clue what it's talking about.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wouldn't have the first clue to tuning it myself which is why I would just flash to unrestrict then put the exhaust and dyno tune it to be suited for the bike. I tried looking into the woolich software but I haven't the slightest clue what it's talking about.
There is lots of help on this forum for that, and the guy from woolich will help you a lot too, one of the thing about this sport is to know your bike and know how it works. flashing the ECU is nothing . just connect to a PC and flash it .software tells you what to do.
and to make it easy you get one of the map shares on woolich website and download it on your ECU.
Unless you have a tuner that makes changes for you every time you need too then woolich software is the only way to go. just sending out your ECU and get flashed is not the right way to go in my opinion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is lots of help on this forum for that, and the guy from woolich will help you a lot too, one of the thing about this sport is to know your bike and know how it works. flashing the ECU is nothing . just connect to a PC and flash it .software tells you what to do.
and to make it easy you get one of the map shares on woolich website and download it on your ECU.
Unless you have a tuner that makes changes for you every time you need too then woolich software is the only way to go. just sending out your ECU and get flashed is not the right way to go in my opinion.
Well the flash would just be to unrestrict it. The actual tune going on the bike would be a dyno tune done through the PCV. I wouldn't be tuning it myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tune that will be going on the bike will be one I get with a dyno not tuning on the go. The ecu flash would just be to remove the restrictions on the ecu. I don't have that large of an interest in tuning it on the go as I'm not nearly skilled enough to do so or knowledgeable to do so.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'd get the Ftecu kit with Active tuner. Flash the Graves map and Active tune does the fine adjustment for you when you ride. That's what I have and I'm really happy with it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
My thread on the matter

In my opinion: buy the woolich kit, and if you’re not interested in tuning it yourself find a tuner that will tune it through the ecu. Why waste the money buying a power Commander and flash separately, when you can just do one and accomplish more. If you spring for the log box, woolich will simply suggest fuel trims and let you choose to apply them. I’ve barely messed with the software and it’s really easy. Unrestricting the top speed and that sort of stuff is as easy as pressing a couple buttons. Hell if you wanna go as lazy as possible and can find a tuner near you familiar with the woolich stuff, have them unrestrict and tune it, and then just come back every once in awhile and have them check the suggested trims. It’d be as simple as plugging it in and pressing a few buttons. It would take all of like 10mins for them to take a look and apply changes.

There are some great send off tunes out there, even better if you have a PCV tune on top, but they’ll never be 100% of your bikes performance. You also have no way to verify that you got what you paid for with a send off tune, but that’s probably more my own distrust than anything else. I also question how most dyno tuners are accounting for ram air at the higher speeds, without either doing an onboard system like the woolich, or a shit ton of timed top speed runs to see what’s fastest.

At the end of the day if you want to continue with getting a canned flash, and then a power Commander, I’m sure you’d be fine with that. Pick whatever tuning company is the cheapest or has the coolest stickers, all they’re gonna do is slap the euro spec ecu flash on it and click off the speed limiter/EVAP junk. Woolich provides those maps for you, with literally 0 experience you could watch the tutorial and do that in 10mins or less. With that being said most of us are suggesting the woolich because we’ve done this before, and it is easier, gives you more utility, and works better for your money. You’re also not at the mercy of a tuning company. New air filter? Slap it in, go for a ride, come home, plug bike in, apply suggested changes, done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts