Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 404 Posts

·
Vendor
6,735 Posts
Ricman, your acro from gen4 wont fit your gen5, the exhaust exit of the headers is bigger on gen5
Good thing Mike just got in the Akrapovic carbon slip on for the GEN 5. :grin2: Also have the Graves and the Arrow is supposed to be out next month I am told.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have installed my spare slip-on leo vince link pipe and muffler from the gen4 onto the gen 5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: 12573684_1298997293459697_3802982805831547805_n.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 80.0 KB
ID: 353770

·
Registered
88 Posts
OK post #58 in the dirty mod thread.....
If the Leo mid and pipe fit I believe the Akro will too....if Not It'll go to a muffler shop to get stretched just like an old girlfriend LMAO

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
ok, the graves salesman said in a post that the exit diameters where different.... but If you installed your Leo vince, the acro should work...

I was thinking of a gen5 header for a upgrade for my gen4, but if they are the same no reason to change...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I didn't but will let you know hopefully Friday :)
If not when I get back from vaca :)
but if the Leo fits I beleave the akro will too...might be one of those tricky salesmen...kinda like the Gen 4 frame sliders that go on just as well on the gen 5 :)

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Good thing Mike just got in the Akrapovic carbon slip on for the GEN 5. :grin2: Also have the Graves and the Arrow is supposed to be out next month I am told.
Lmao Mike. Thats funny. Order exhaust from him! Hell hook you up.

Im diggin this thread, I really want to pick up a Gen 5 and this is helping with options for the can

·
Registered
88 Posts
Now the header from gen 5 was flowed better according to somewhere I read....it looks bigger at the bottom...mixing chamber/collector but then reduces down to the original gen 4 size...
someone can chime in if I'm wrong.....
My new unit should be in tomorrow or Friday according to my dealer...fingers crossed :)

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,563 Posts
Im going to wait this time....and get a
Taylor made...as soon as they come out with one...

Im sure a 2011/Gen 4 can bolt right up..might have to make adjustments to anything that mounts to the rear-sets portion of the frame...if they do..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im going to wait this time....and get a
Taylor made...as soon as they come out with one...

Im sure a 2011/Gen 4 can bolt right up..might have to make adjustments to anything that mounts to the rear-sets portion of the frame...if they do..
My thoughts too ... here's an email ( Feb 24, 16 ) I got from Taylor regarding the gen5 can

Hello Jay,

Thanks for your interest! We are currently working on it.

A kind enthusiast brought his bike to our shop yesterday so we are now in the prototyping stages.

If you’d like, I can add you to a list of contacts that we will notify when the kit is officially released.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Jackie Felix
Operations Manager

TaylorMade Racing Inc
7712 Gloria Ave #3
Van Nuys CA 91406

Performance And Style By Design...

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,563 Posts
My thoughts too ... here's an email ( Feb 24, 16 ) I got from Taylor regarding the gen5 can

Hello Jay,

Thanks for your interest! We are currently working on it.

A kind enthusiast brought his bike to our shop yesterday so we are now in the prototyping stages.

If you’d like, I can add you to a list of contacts that we will notify when the kit is officially released.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Jackie Felix
Operations Manager

TaylorMade Racing Inc
7712 Gloria Ave #3
Van Nuys CA 91406

Performance And Style By Design...

about to jump on that list,
thanks for posting

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey guys, here is a brand new design from brocks performance.its called the predator. The picture shown is a 3/4 ti system. It has a retail of $829, and weighs just over 4 lbs. Initial testing has shown some impressive gains, and with a little more map work they are predicted to be amazing. It will also be available in stainless, with a black option. Price TBD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 404 Posts