Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Quick question - I've been searching and reading a bunch lately, mostly for ECU/PCV tuning options for my 2016 ZX10R. I've thought about a pipe, but sticking with my stock exhaust for a while is a definite option, too. What has really been interesting are the posts about using the EU map. One I recall even said that with a 100% stock bike, they laid down 190 RW horsepower! That is really awesome! I'm trying to see what the "catch" is. Can I actually go to Woolich (for example) and purchase an ECU flash using the EU map and get this lean system richened up a tad and put down 190~ RW horsepower?! Please tell me if I've read this subject's messages correctly or if I've missed some important information along the way. If it is so, this may be the answer to my question and my ZX10R! Thank you all very much.

Have a great ride,

Joseyx

·
Registered
718 Posts
It's really unlikely that you'll get that number without a 3/4 exhaust as well as a good flash and tune. The only way wpuld be a dyno that reads higher than the average.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a feeling that was a wee bit high! Will use of the EU map richen it up a tad compared to the way it is with the US map?

Thanks!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I had a feeling that was a wee bit high! Will use of the EU map richen it up a tad compared to the way it is with the US map?

Thanks!
No, fueling is the same.

It just lacks the amount of restriction the US map has. There is power to be gained by additional adjustments beyond the derestricting.

Typically even with an exhaust and filter added you need to lean the bike out on the top end and itll need more fuel down low at low tps %s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts