Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gen 5 with no neutral light on my dash when I try to start it with the start button on handle bar it will not crank but it trips something on dash and makes tc mode flash and unable to access but every other mode seems to be working fine. I have an aftermarket start button wired directly to the starter relay to get the bike to fire up. Can anyone please help me with this issue? Thanks.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,800 Posts
It would help to know what other mods are done to the bike. Sounds awfully like the neutral switch isn't reading properly. It thinks it's in gear and the starter lockout circuit is preventing the stater from cranking it because of that. The fact that it won't show neutral at all is the first sign of trouble. Will the starter engage if the clutch is pulled in? It's either that or the tip-over sensor may be triggered and causing the same thing. Those 2 pieces would be the first things to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would help to know what other mods are done to the bike. Sounds awfully like the neutral switch isn't reading properly. It thinks it's in gear and the starter lockout circuit is preventing the stater from cranking it because of that. The fact that it won't show neutral at all is the first sign of trouble. Will the starter engage if the clutch is pulled in? It's either that or the tip-over sensor may be triggered and causing the same thing. Those 2 pieces would be the first things to troubleshoot.
No the bike wont start or crank with the clutch pulled in

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
Ecu issues man, that or well actually nah, ecu issues. See if you can get ahold of another ECU and plug it in, or even better, unplug and check the wires in the connections, make sure they are all seated fully, make sure the retaining clip is seated securely and then reconnect and be sure to properly seat the connections. Same with your dash.. then use the manual to find the neutral switch and see if it is a)there b) with a multimeter reads continuity when it should. Let us know if that doesn't work

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,800 Posts
No the bike wont start or crank with the clutch pulled in
Well, the tip-over sensor being activated would cause your problem like you describe. Other than that, Twistedsocal said it. It's an ECU or connection issue with the ECU that is the only thing left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts