Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have video or detailed instructions on the block-off plate install for the Gen 5? I've searched YouTube and while there are some that touch on it nothing is very detailed. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't have a video, but for the gen4, which should be very similar. Just had to get to my valve cover the other day so...
Remove rear seat
Remove rear upper fairing
Remove front seat.
Remove tank side fairings
Remove tank front cover
Remove tank
Remove airbox cover
Remove lower airbox
Remove throttle bodies (just get them out of the way, don't need to move them too far or disconnect anything off of them)
Remove stock smog system and install the block off plates.
Replace everything in reverse order.

Tools used:
1/4 socket set
4mm and 5mm hex bits or allen wrenches
Small flat head screwdriver for disconnecting a few of the plugs.
Edit: a 1/4" universal makes loosening and tightening the throttle body clamps much easier.
Also need a long philips screwdriver for the air box screws.

Edit#2, you may want to just replace the plugs while you're in there. It's the exact same process to get to them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just did mine on my 2018. When you remove the tank, it looks pretty daunting, however is straight forward. Lots of youtube vids to get you there step by step.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did this one on my 13 ZX6 last year. It's specific to the plates/PAIR valve which are nearly identical to the Gen5. Tank and bodywork is much different but once you have the airbox off this is pretty darn close.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't have a video, but for the gen4, which should be very similar. Just had to get to my valve cover the other day so...
Remove rear seat
Remove rear upper fairing
Remove front seat.
Remove tank side fairings
Remove tank front cover
Remove tank
Remove airbox cover
Remove lower airbox
Remove throttle bodies (just get them out of the way, don't need to move them too far or disconnect anything off of them)
Remove stock smog system and install the block off plates.
Don't forget to install the cap over the airbox port if you remove the entire KLEEN system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts