Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easier way to remove the air box lower other than using an Allen wrench one small turn at a time to remove the clamps on the throttle bodies?

It is such a tight fit it is taking forever!

·
Registered
707 Posts
One of the best tools to achieve this task is a T-handle allen with a ball end. It's a lot easier than a conventional allen key or even a regular allen with a ball end on it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip!

I have never even heard of this tool.

I can believe Kawasaki is still using this method. The last time i saw this was on my 1981 Yamaha RD250LC.

BMW s1000rr and 2015 R1 both use bolts thru the inside of the air box directly into the throttle bodies, nice and easy.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,131 Posts
+1 but also be careful using a ball end tip. get a good quality tool because ball end tips tend to strip out allen bolts easily if not careful
One of the best tools to achieve this task is a T-handle allen with a ball end. It's a lot easier than a conventional allen key or even a regular allen with a ball end on it.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
So, you're doing it wrong. You need a t-handle wrench as stated. That's the first thing. Next is to remove the frame plug and put the wrench through the whole in the frame the Kawi engineers designed for just this sort of thing. It's almost a straight shot on each side to turn the clamp holders. :idea: A ball end t-handle wrench is the shiznit and perfect for this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts