Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

random question what's to stop someone putting Gen 5 or 6 forks on a Gen 4?

Apart from the triple tree upper and lower clamping sizes and obviously needing 100mm calipers if they do fit.

Anyone know the size of the clamping area on the upper and lower triple tree clamps? I can measure the Gen 4 ones so thats sorted.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
You need the entire asembly. And a rotors spacers

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why would you need everything legitimate question? if the clamp sizing is the same for the yoke bottom and top on both Gen 4 and Gen 5,6 forks why do you need the whole assembly?

They would bolt right up and could use the existing axle and wheel from the gen 4 as the only different in axle is length 195 (gen4) vs 205 (gen 5,6)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if someone would be kind enough to measure the size of the fork at the yoke tops, bottoms and total length that would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
@RBZ10R I would keep the bpf on your gen4. Most reviews of the gsxr1000 vs gsxr1000r say the bpf on the 1000/gen4 is better for the track and has a sharper turn in than the bff on the 1000r/gen5/6.

Instead of dealing with the front end swap, why don't you get you bpf's revalved and resprung for your weight and get you suspension dialed in. That would be worlds better than stock bff's.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@RBZ10R I would keep the bpf on your gen4. Most reviews of the gsxr1000 vs gsxr1000r say the bpf on the 1000/gen4 is better for the track and has a sharper turn in than the bff on the 1000r/gen5/6.

Instead of dealing with the front end swap, why don't you get you bpf's revalved and resprung for your weight and get you suspension dialed in. That would be worlds better than stock bff's.
I have had them resprung and a andreani piston kit added but not cartridges.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I measured the lower triple tree on the Gen 4 calipers say 55mm

so

2011-15 BPF =

Upper: 50mm

Lower: 55mm

Anyone have the lower measurements for the Gen 5 Gen 6 Balance free forks? would be greatly appreciated if someone with a gen 5 plus could quickly measure :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts