Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gen 5 mods are Brocks Alien Head slip on, pcv, guhl ecu flash, Schnitz tune on 87 pump, sprint P08 air filter, and gearing is -2 -2.
2013 zx-6r Alien head full exhaust,pcv, schnitz ecu flash, sprint P08 filter, and gearing -2 -1.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dayum! I did 140 on a 600 ONCE. Don't think I'll even do it again (mainly cuz it was a Honda and the headshake experience at 140 will shake the sense into ya).....

Well done nonetheless!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Does it really make more power ? Isn't it just the fact that the explosion (I don't think explosion is the right word, detonation ?) threshold is lower on lower octane ?
Oh and by the way, awesome times !

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I was told it burns faster and makes more hp. I tried 93 and 87 the same day on the gen 4 I had. 154 was the best I trapped on 93, and 156 on 87.

·
Registered
633 Posts
9.1!! Damn...it's time to go Bugatti hunting.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That's interesting. That is the first I've heard of lower octane making more power. It's not like race gas has a lower octane. Manufacturers require 91+ in high performance vehicles. I will have to do some research on this. Great times! How is your clutch holding up on those bikes?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! The 636 clutch holds up great. My 10 not so good. Clutch started slipping around 30 passes. Mainly because the last 10-15 were with -2 -2 gearing which I need to run the best times and to eliminate having to click 6th. The gen 5 2nd-6th gear ratio's are way closer than the gen 4. The gen 4 I had trapped 157 on limiter in 5th with -2 up front and stock rear. My gen 5 with same gearing 152.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts