Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 zx10r
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my bike yesterday and wanted to know what options are available to convert to GP shift and use the OEM QS sensor without a "reverse shift ECU flash". As far as I can tell these unis can do the trick. Any opinions/ suggestions welcome.

Attack Racing

Vortex Racing (Not sure if made in China or USA)

Gilles

Sato

Evol Tech

So far I really like the design that Evol Tech has to offer with a direct connection and completely bypassing the linkage to the rearset. Anyone know if the kickstand must be completely removed and if the sprocket cover must be removed?

Sample image here

Thanks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
This has been covered a fair amount of times on here already but for sure the vortex 2.0 rearsets have the bell crank part to allow flashless go shift pattern. I believe the attack and the lighttech sets do as well but only have vortex so that's all I can say 100% for sure does

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,676 Posts
Found a kit that easily converts the OEM rearsets to GP from Bike Sport Development. Priced a £165.83.

(Kawasaki ZX10 2016 onwards, GP shift linkage kit standard foot rests)

Yeah, this has been covered a lot in the past. I have that Bike Sports adapter on my '16 and have posted about it before. It works great for GP shift conversion! As long as you have the OEM rearsets. The Vortex rearsets are great also and have the bellcrank for it, but you have to swap the entire rearsets for them. Using the bellcrank reverses the direction of the pedal, not the sensor. There is no software changes to be made to get those to work. If you used a bellcrank adapter, changed the ECU software for a "reverse shift", you'd be back to the normal 1 down, 5 up pattern as they cancel each other out. ;) One or the other!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Anyone know if Driven tt rear sets have a gp adapter? Web site says it does but instructions say that an ecu flash is needed.

----

Just found the answer here: Gen 5: 2016- - Best way to change to GP shift ?

Having better search results from google images than with this search engine.
Forum search is not as comprehensive as Google's algorithm is. You can use Google to search strictly this domain though

·
Registered
18 zx10r
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't really feel like replacing the banjo with a pressure switch so I went with Gilles Tooling FXR rearsets. It has a mechanical rear microswitch.

Peg position

GP shift

·
Registered
501 Posts
I went vortex and didn't feel like having to put a pressure switch in place of the banjo either but still wanted my brake light to work. Ended up just using the existing switch and spring, drilled a small hole in the foot brake lever and hooked the spring through the little hole. Used 2 black zip ties to hold the switch body in place and since the rear sets are black you can't tell but it works for what I need it to do and doesn't look ghetto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts