Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gen 5 zx10 runs perfect but started flashing all modes an displays off where mileage normally is , haven’t changed anything . Don’t have a scan tool ! Any clues where to start ? Thanks in advanced !!!

·
The Pace
7,045 Posts
Try to remember what you did to the bike; start with the point in time when normal and end with the light up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely nothing rode fine every day An day got on it An rode it about 2milds an off started flashing an power an ebc an quick shift all flashing all sudden no power loss or anything

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,887 Posts
Connectivity issue with the dash. Other than that, the dash may have had a failure.

The dash uses a serial connection to the ECU to get all the information. When the serial stream (CANbus) is not there, then you see the flashing lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Connectivity issue with the dash. Other than that, the dash may have had a failure.

The dash uses a serial connection to the ECU to get all the information. When the serial stream (CANbus) is not there, then you see the flashing lights.
Batt is good ,I’ll check the connectors this evening An see if any are loose but had zero probs An was perfect riding about 60 mph an started flashing offan engine An caution lights on

·
The Pace
7,045 Posts
If loose whatever, has to be something you did, I hope, so go back and look at every electrical whatever that you touched. If everything tight have to let dealer tech sort out and if over his head they have a line with Kawa tech guys. If under warranty all good. If not, dealer will let you know up front costs to sort. I know the g5 dash is different from the g4 and the g4 is solid. You should do a g5 dash failure check on web.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve got a 13’ zx10 also an never had any issues like this An haven’t touched anything electrical at all jus a slip on change a yr an half ago only no mods nothing on. This one no warranty paid a $1000 bucks for bike an replaced all plastics is all

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,887 Posts
I’ve got a 13’ zx10 also an never had any issues like this An haven’t touched anything electrical at all jus a slip on change a yr an half ago only no mods nothing on. This one no warranty paid a $1000 bucks for bike an replaced all plastics is all
Doesn't matter if you've done anything yourself to it. Has it sat outside for extended periods of time in ti's life? A rodent could've chewed the cord. It could be corroded wire from sitting in rain water too long. Could be debris tucked up in the connector shorting out the connection. Everything works fine until it doesn't work any longer. You need to get in there and check the connections and wire and to an electrical point-to-point check on it all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If loose whatever, has to be something you did, I hope, so go back and look at every electrical whatever that you touched. If everything tight have to let dealer tech sort out and if over his head they have a line with Kawa tech guys. If under warranty all good. If not, dealer will let you know up front costs to sort. I know the g5 dash is different from the g4 and the g4 is solid. You should do a g5 dash failure check on web.
YEa I’ve got the g4 an g5 diff clusters all togethor was gonna swap it to check if it was cluster or harness but a lot of diff in the 2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YEa I’ve got the g4 an g5 diff clusters all togethor was gonna swap it to check if it was cluster or harness but a lot of diff in the 2
Jus amazes me cause I’ve got 6 bikes total An never had one do this had fi lights temp lights etcnever word off flashing on any of them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts