Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Gen 4 ZX-10R Crash Cage/Race Rails???

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  lamar 
#1 ·
Hello all!

I've been looking for a crash cage, preferably race rails, for a little over 3 weeks now, and have not found a SINGLE one for the Gen 4. The newest I've found is for the Gen 2 10r, and I wanted to know if any fellow Gen 4 riders have had the same problem? Or if you've found any and could link it that'd be great. My fairings on my right side are already a bit scratched out from an attempted get-away here in Florida from the popo. Me and my friends were just enjoying the day in a slightly restricted area of the everglades which is a very long 5 mile dead on straight road with no side streets for people to jump out on you. Turns out the park rangers called the police, and two of those big lovely trucks came and blocked off the road. I kinda panicked because I was just arrested the week before for reckless driving down in key biscayne, and I wasn't sure if my license was suspended or not, nor did i want to be arrested again, so i attempted to go through the mud with the bike, and they gave me a love tap right as i got my front tire on the pavement.:angryfire: Anyhoots, after messing up the plastic on my 14k bike, kinda didnt wanna have that happen anymore, especially since i'm gonna be changing out my stock sprockets pretty soon for the -1/+2. With the bike popping up with that mod, i wanna make sure my investment is well protected. Thanks for all the help guy.

PS if i cant find any ill probably go to a machine shop to see if they can do it for me, though i have no idea how ill go about doing that. :frown2:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.