Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I expect the higher sustained speeds at speed events give the ceramic bearings a slight edge as they dont expand so much as the steel balls when hot yes higher speed rating bearings are losser so when the steel expands it doesnt tighten so much.
...if your wheel bearings are getting hot enough to cause expansion clearance concerns, you likely have a much bigger problem.

At the end of the day, there are two ingredients in fast soup: increasing your power, or decreasing your resistance to acceleration. Low friction bearings would certainly fall into one of those categories. It requires exponentially more of each the faster you go.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
I bought some low friction bearings for less than $100.00 Didn't make any difference because of the calipers/pads draggin' on the rotors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would like to replace Steering Bearing, a friend suggested me the All Balls Racing brand. Has anyone ever installed and used it can give me an feedback?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I bought some low friction bearings for less than $100.00 Didn't make any difference because of the calipers/pads draggin' on the rotors.

I find it curios people still get fooled by that useless test. That minor caliper drag when your spinning the wheel by hand with the wheel on a front stand isn't a valid test. When you have a 170+ HP pushing a 450 pound bike at triple digit speeds down the road, that caliper drag is as insignificant as your hand would be if you could reach down at triple digits speeds and try and pinch the rotor between your fingers. It would do nothing.

That's why when you do the wheel spin test on a front stand, take the calipers off.

Ceramic bearings work, or Land Speed Racers wouldn't use them. They work a little, maybe not a lot, but they do work.

Not sure why I am bothering to waste my time typing this, it will surely lead to a argument I am not willing to participate in.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Here's a video I took of the zx10r front wheel with ceramic bearings. Spins noticeably longer and it's also very quiet. As a mod for a street bike, this certainly would be a waste of money but if you want to gain an tiny edge on your competition in drag or road racing, then it might be worth it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I would like to replace Steering Bearing, a friend suggested me the All Balls Racing brand. Has anyone ever installed and used it can give me an feedback?
The AllBallz steering head roller bearing kit is great but you won't notice a difference on a ride. I put mine in because I do a lot of wheelies and expect that they'll last longer and stay adjusted longer than the factory ball bearings. After tightening my OME steering 2x I replaced them for the roller bearing kit and have only had to tighten them once in about the same amount of miles.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts