Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
No one is running TRE's on the gen 4's for the most part because your bike will still be limited in every gear.

Search "Guhl Motors" ecu flash and you will find all the info you need. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
reflash is a must on a US Gen IV, a powercommander, any full exhaust will not get you the gains a reflashed ECU can to take off the top end restriction above 11K RPM.......

Guhl Motors is well worth it...should be the first power upgrade...and he has awesome maps to go with your slip on/full exhaust system, get rid of exhaust servo FI light, etc....

·
Registered
102 Posts
See ... that's the frustration of info gained from the internet.

I had this very discussion here a few weeks back, and was assured that the X-tre (or similar) is not needed on the Gen 4, that it doesn't work - I forget the reason.

Anyhow, a few weeks ago I spoke to a race mechanic, he sets up lots of local race bikes inc suspension, dyno etc .... and I asked him this very question. His reply? The race teams certainly use a Timing Retard Eliminator on the Gen 4.

So now what? :dontknow:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
See ... that's the frustration of info gained from the internet.

I had this very discussion here a few weeks back, and was assured that the X-tre (or similar) is not needed on the Gen 4, that it doesn't work - I forget the reason.

Anyhow, a few weeks ago I spoke to a race mechanic, he sets up lots of local race bikes inc suspension, dyno etc .... and I asked him this very question. His reply? The race teams certainly use a Timing Retard Eliminator on the Gen 4.

So now what? :dontknow:
How can they run a Tre with a KIT ecu? Doesn't make a sense.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How can they run a Tre with a KIT ecu? Doesn't make a sense.
I have no idea how it works etc, I don't know what a KIT ecu is, suffice to say that IF this person fits them and he says that the race teams use them, they do - period. So let's start with the assumption that they do work and they are beneficial, and go from there. It's an assumption, it's always possible that this info is incorrect but I doubt that very much.
Usually a Bazzaz is also fitted, does that help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts