Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day gents
Sorry to revive this post again, I've read all I can so far regarding the wire mod but I'm hoping anyone can assist as I have a question for my specific Gen 4.
Current mods on my Gen4:
Bitubo front & rear suspension, ITR quick action throttle, HM+ quickshifter, geared sprockets, PC5 + secondary fuel module + autotuner(disconnected), Full exhaust (no O2 sensor)

I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa so I'm unsure whether it is a US or EU version, I'm also unsure if the ECU has been flashed by previous owner but I do have an aggressive fuel cut while riding.

Will the wire mod benefit me in addition to everything that's done on the bike?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,676 Posts
No. The "wire mod" was/is a bullshit workaround to try and trick the bike into thinking it was in neutral all the time, thereby (in theory) running the neutral ignition and fuel mapping in whatever gear you were in. It was initially theorized by the infamous "Ivan" in an attempt to make the limited, stock motor make more power like it wasn't limited from the factory. It never really worked out that way and there wasn't really any verified power gains from it. It was soon abandoned as a viable mod once everyone started reflashing.

Not really sure what you're hoping to gain by doing that, but you should skip the wire mod. You can do it if you are bored and want to tinker around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. The "wire mod" was/is a bullshit workaround to try and trick the bike into thinking it was in neutral all the time, thereby (in theory) running the neutral ignition and fuel mapping in whatever gear you were in. It was initially theorized by the infamous "Ivan" in an attempt to make the limited, stock motor make more power like it wasn't limited from the factory. It never really worked out that way and there wasn't really any verified power gains from it. It was soon abandoned as a viable mod once everyone started reflashing.

Not really sure what you're hoping to gain by doing that, but you should skip the wire mod. You can do it if you are bored and want to tinker around.

Hey man, sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the advice, I was hoping to get rid of the fuel cut and a little bored as well cause my rear tire is flat, but l'm cool with leaving out the wire mod.

Might look into launch control capability of the PC5, any knowledge you could pass?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,676 Posts
Might look into launch control capability of the PC5, any knowledge you could pass?
Can't help you too much with that. I got rid of my PCV almost 10 years ago and haven't used one since the age of the ECU reflash took over. I didn't even realize they offered that as an option.

I wouldn't trust that too much unless they tie that into the wheel speed sensors somehow. The Gen 5 uses the launch control with the ride-by-wire throttle opening and wheel speed sensors to know how to intervene with controlling the engine. Sounds pretty hokey trying to get something like that to work on a PCV with an ignition module. Apparently it gets triggered off the clutch switch somehow and just monitors the engine speed. I wouldn't trust that the ECU using the Traction Control to try and control the engine while the piggyback system is trying to override all that. I'm sure it works to some level, but I can't imagine it works very well. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts