Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've had a search and can't find much really.
I'm taking the ZX10 to the drag strip, the bike is currently set up for track and I have no idea on what to do to set it up for the strip.
I don't want to add straps or anything so what do I need to do with suspension etc, and what TC setting have you found works best?
Bike is running a bunch of mods:
Quick shifter
-1+1 sprockets
Resprung and valves rear shock
Etc etc etc makes 180hp at the rear.
I made over 200 passes at the strip with my cars but I got no idea with setting up bikes.
Any help will be appreciated, I'll post pics once I've ran :)

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
seat time on the new 10s and u can pull 8s SWB

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive read taking all the front preload and comp out helps keep the front down?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
pull 8s hahahahaha, with 204hp, pro rider and lowered and strapped. If you get in the 9's without a strap or lowering the bike you are doing great.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Ive read taking all the front preload and comp out helps keep the front down?
A fork strap will help keep the front end down. If youre trying to get some competitive drag racing times, youre going to want to lower the bike and strap the front end. Ive carried the front wheel of my Gen 1 down the 1/8 with the front strapped and lowered in the rear. You can obviously still race it stock height and unstrapped, but your basic setup for the strip is to lower the rear, strap the front and some gearing.

I cant help you with the TC settings or anything, Gen 1s dont have much in the way of electronical assists.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts