Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what most have done with the oem And aftermarket subframes. The only place it seems to mount on the oem, without the adjustment cable rubbing on the swing arm, is on the left passenger peg hole. Just looks out of place there to me.
I will have the Motoholders subframe soon, so will have to figure something else out then.
Here's a couple pics,
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1411659331.376378.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1411659402.469063.jpg

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,625 Posts
Most of the people I've seen have it mounted in that same general location, but using the forward hole and running the knob back parallel with the tail section as much as possible.

And I would advice NOT running the line through the swingarm opening like that! That's asking for trouble if the swingarm pivots down and rips the line out of the adjuster or limits the downward stroke of the rear suspension. That's not good at all.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the people I've seen have it mounted in that same general location, but using the forward hole and running the knob back parallel with the tail section as much as possible.

And I would advice NOT running the line through the swingarm opening like that! That's asking for trouble if the swingarm pivots down and rips the line out of the adjuster or limits the downward stroke of the rear suspension. That's not good at all.

Well the problem lie's with the cable itself and its orientation to the swing arm. If you try to route it over it, it puts strain on the connection at the shock, because the swingarm is pushing on the line about 1.5"-2" away from the shock.
Alberto said he tested the suspension, in its current orientation, to insure that the cable doesn't touch anything when the bike is fully decompressed. When under compression it only gives it more slack.
I've tried routing it different ways too since I've had it back, and this seems to be the only way it doesn't make contact.
I originally figured the adjuster would be in line with the tail as well, though noticed that the nuts that hold the adjustment knob to the bracket are in the way of the subframe. This could of course be solved by spacing the bracket about 3/8" away from it, though when the knob is at that angle, the cable makes contact again.
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1411663100.526471.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1411663184.491592.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1411663224.556732.jpg

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone with the TTX GP on the gen 4 please post photo's of your set up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got mine mounted the same way except the hydraulic cable goes over the swing arm. This way looks fine to me too.

On a side note:
If anyone is using the forward mounting hole for your preload adjuster, make sure the bolt is not too long. I had mine previously mounted there, had a minor lowside, and it put a hole into the gas tank. :eyecrazy:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,625 Posts
Well the problem lie's with the cable itself and its orientation to the swing arm. If you try to route it over it, it puts strain on the connection at the shock, because the swingarm is pushing on the line about 1.5"-2" away from the shock.
Alberto said he tested the suspension, in its current orientation, to insure that the cable doesn't touch anything when the bike is fully decompressed. When under compression it only gives it more slack.
I've tried routing it different ways too since I've had it back, and this seems to be the only way it doesn't make contact.
I originally figured the adjuster would be in line with the tail as well, though noticed that the nuts that hold the adjustment knob to the bracket are in the way of the subframe. This could of course be solved by spacing the bracket about 3/8" away from it, though when the knob is at that angle, the cable makes contact again.
Can you mount it on the right side of the bike instead? :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you mount it on the right side of the bike instead? :dontknow:

Was thinking about trying that. Might do it in a bit. There would be more slack on the line, due to the offset shock. It's just a pain in the dick to get the adjuster through the swing arm without putting too much stress on the connections, or marking up the adjuster, and there's even less room on that side to navigate.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm really mostly interested in set ups on the Motoholder's subframe. I 'think' the only solution for mounting the bracket is on the right side anyway, through the provided exhaust hanger bracket holes.
Just hoping someone doesn't say I have to use zip tie's :lol:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Kind of a crappy pic but as you can see the cable is over the swingarm. I used a piece of clear tubing, cut it down the middle and zip tied it over the adjuster hose. After 6 race weekends there's very little wear on the outside hose and none on the swingarm. I'll take a better pic tonight.

I wouldn't route it through the swingarm for the same reason sky said.

I have a motoholders subframe now and drilled a hole into the plastic under tray for the bolt. I'll have a pic in a couple hrs for you.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Dricked, I may have to use your method with the clear hose over the line, however the big difference is that your connection go's straight into the adjuster instead of at a 90 degree angle like mine. I may still be able to make it work like that, if it's over the swing arm, but I'm going to have figure something out with the bracket to make it work, or fab a new one.
What shock is that btw?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Thanks Dricked, I may have to use your method with the clear hose over the line, however the big difference is that your connection go's straight into the adjuster instead of at a 90 degree angle like mine. I may still be able to make it work like that, if it's over the swing arm, but I'm going to have figure something out with the bracket to make it work, or fab a new one.
What shock is that btw?
Oh I see that now. Should be the same principle though just your adjuster will be mounted a bit different. I like that yours comes off 90o like that instead of like mine, less chance to break off.

It's the K-tech 35DDS Pro.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mines over the swingarm also and bolted to the subframe on the right side to have less "kink" in the line. Figured better then through swingarm becuase of the movement of the shock and swingarm. Can you mount yours on the lower bolt same you have it now to give more slack and also point it back to get little more out of the way?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Stealth you can mount it on the exhaust side of the swingarm 6mm bolts! Make a tiny L shape bracket and when you back off the bolt (that holds the line to the remote adjuster) you can swing it around to suit!! I think I have a picture

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Like this

Here you go mate!I had mine like this before I moved it inside under the seat,I hid it there because I hardly have to adjust it and you could having your 10R track focused

·
Registered
462 Posts
I went with the right side of the bike because it felt like less kink in the line.
Also was able to avoid having to go through the swingarm or anything like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts