Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see this has been asked before and forgive me if this is in the wrong category. I’m looking for a single rotor spacer for gen 4 wheels to make it fit my gen 5 10r. I bought a set of OZ piega wheels for my gen 4 but would also like to be able to use them on my gen 5. I believe I read that I need larger captive spacers along with the rotor spacer. Does anybody know of a retailer that still sells these? Everywhere I look they’re all sold out and don’t offer them anymore. Does anybody on the forum make them currently or could make them for me? I believe all I need is a 5mm spacer to push my rotor out to be in line with my caliper. I’ve had conflicting info saying I need larger captive spacers but also read that the OEM spacers from a gen 5 will work. Can anybody chime in and give me a little more info??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured the wheel spacers would be good to go but my main concern was the rotors. I contacted a guy that used to make them on the forums and confirmed I need a 5mm spacer to align the brake discs with the calipers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OZ wheels should be here in a few weeks and I will report back with the findings to finally clear the air
after some digging I found that I can use the OEM gen 5 WHEEL spacer. Supposedly I need a 5mm spacer for the brake rotor to make a gen 4 wheel work on a gen 5 bike.
Here’s the forum I read and I contacted the person selling the spacers and he said all I need is a 5mm spacer for the rotors.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, I saw ur post and I have the same issue. I have 2021 Zx10r and I’m trying to run oz peiga from gen4 to gen 5-6, I already bought a 5mm brake rotor spacer to push the rotor out. But what do I need for the wheel spacer? Will gen5 Driven captive wheel spacer work?
No It won’t, the hub width is different from Oz to oem wheels. I tried that first and fell short. First call or email an Oz dealer and see if they can get you the spacers, they offered to sell me just the spacer but at the time it would’ve taken 5 weeks to receive. Ended up making my own spacers for the front ROTOR. Used washers and torqued to spec until everything was spaced properly. For the wheel spacers itself I had taken measurements and had them machined by a member on here. Sorry this doesn’t help much bud but if I could do it all over again I’d just order from Oz and be done with it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i don’t quite remember it being that easy. I’ll get you some numbers ASAP. May take a couple days since I don’t have my bike with me while we are moving into new house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts