Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this has been asked before and forgive me if this is in the wrong category. I’m looking for a single rotor spacer for gen 4 wheels to make it fit my gen 5 10r. I bought a set of OZ piega wheels for my gen 4 but would also like to be able to use them on my gen 5. I believe I read that I need larger captive spacers along with the rotor spacer. Does anybody know of a retailer that still sells these? Everywhere I look they’re all sold out and don’t offer them anymore. Does anybody on the forum make them currently or could make them for me? I believe all I need is a 5mm spacer to push my rotor out to be in line with my caliper. I’ve had conflicting info saying I need larger captive spacers but also read that the OEM spacers from a gen 5 will work. Can anybody chime in and give me a little more info??

·
Registered
710 Posts
You dont need wheel spacers. AFIK the only difference is the diameter of the brake rotor. Only the RR has narrower wheels requiring a rotor spacer

Your Gen4 wheels should fit using your gen5 spacers. If necessary order a set of Gen5 spacers.

The only difference was 310mm vs 330mm rotors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured the wheel spacers would be good to go but my main concern was the rotors. I contacted a guy that used to make them on the forums and confirmed I need a 5mm spacer to align the brake discs with the calipers.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I figured the wheel spacers would be good to go but my main concern was the rotors. I contacted a guy that used to make them on the forums and confirmed I need a 5mm spacer to align the brake discs with the calipers.
I do not believe that is true. Please post here what you find. The misconception comes from what dimension people are referring to. In order to use Gen5 rotors on a Gen4 spacers are required to move the caliper out from 210mm to 330mm. I do not believe the rotors spacing (width) is different between Gen4 and Gen5.
Please prove me wrong.

IF you are correct, then the RR Marchesinis should fit on the Gen4 without issue, as the RR has a narrower wheel and requires different brake rotors. On the flip side, If you are correct, the RR rotors should mount to the Gen4 wheels and work on the Gen5 just fine.

There is a lot of conflicting info out there. I have yet had anyone actually measure the rotor face to rotor face distance on a Gn4. to compare.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OZ wheels should be here in a few weeks and I will report back with the findings to finally clear the air.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I just looked up the wheel spacers and the Gen4 are 32mm and the GenV are 40mm. Thats 8mm per side. Which are the same spacers used on the RR Marchesini wheel. So now curious to measure the rotor pad on the wheel.

I wish I had a Gen4 wheel handy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OZ wheels should be here in a few weeks and I will report back with the findings to finally clear the air
after some digging I found that I can use the OEM gen 5 WHEEL spacer. Supposedly I need a 5mm spacer for the brake rotor to make a gen 4 wheel work on a gen 5 bike.
Here’s the forum I read and I contacted the person selling the spacers and he said all I need is a 5mm spacer for the rotors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts