Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the gen 4 stock spring rates of both the front and back springs can't find that info anywhere. Lol my bike is way too stiff and seems unbalanced between front and back, I'm not very heavy like 120 and my front forks do not compress at allll under my weight only the bikes. Even with me standing in front of the bike slamming down on the bars with all my strength I can't move them lol 😆 settings are back to stock with the exception of having 3 full turns out of preload on front which isn't enough yet. Also for the back spring, I'm in the process of resetting the preload whoever had the bike before me set the spanner nuts as tight as they would go giving the bike as much preload as it could muster yayyy the suspension was all seriously jacked up when I got the bike it was set to as stiff as it could go on every setting available but wasn't evenly done on both sides between the forks it was like someone just at random started tightening everything down 🤦‍♂️ anyway any information on this would be a great help I've checked online for days and can't seem to get a number from anyone as to what stock is supposedly set too, only numbers for items I can buy to replace the stock springs

· Registered
19 Posts
Sounds like this gen 4 is new to you. If so, prior owner dorked the setup and most likely for no reason other than misuse of imagination. At 120 pounds the stock set up should be perfect UNLESS you're a pro rider. Since that's a 'no' best to check your area for a pro bike suspension tuner. Start with the dealer see if he has a 10r guy or he may refer you to one. If you're gen 4 is the 2011, and you know how to ride and ride a lot, have the forks seals redone, as stock will leak. Not so with the 2013s and newer.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like this gen 4 is new to you. If so, prior owner dorked the setup and most likely for no reason other than misuse of imagination. At 120 pounds the stock set up should be perfect UNLESS you're a pro rider. Since that's a 'no' best to check your area for a pro bike suspension tuner. Start with the dealer see if he has a 10r guy or he may refer you to one. If you're gen 4 is the 2011, and you know how to ride and ride a lot, have the forks seals redone, as stock will leak. Not so with the 2013s and newer.
Yup I just got the bike a few months ago and since it's been cold I'm slowly making adjustments and doing upgrades getting it ready for warm weather. Also yes the bike is a 2011 and it needs new seals for sure the rings are weather cracked but surprisingly not leaking yet, also yes the previous owner definitely did all types of wonderful things to the bike but also some kinda meh things in terms of settings and suspension lol 😆 when I first got the bike there was 0 give it was like there was no suspension. Even my 190 pound neighbor was bouncing on it and couldn't get the forks to compress, ive tweaked it as best i could now it has good sag with him on it but myself not so much I barely make it move even with preload all the way out headscratch I do like a stiffer more responsive feel but I also don't want to be cornering while almost topped out on my suspension either 🤷‍♂️ the rear is fine and feels good though

· Registered
19 Posts
OK, good you popped in here. One more thing. The dang valves are weak. I suggest you have dealer tech redo valves and adjust suspension to stock. Kinda think have tech change out the starter and cam chain. Then, hopefully, good as new. So consider adding this to you work-to-get done list. Once dialed in, this bike is a lotta fun. Like a 600 on steroids.

· Registered
137 Posts
Even my 190 pound neighbor was bouncing on it and couldn't get the forks to compress
That... Sounds pretty unsafe. At this point, I'd wanna look at the damping as well. An idiot armed with screwdriver and spanner can mess things up. I've seen an Ohlins shock that did not budge. Somebody put in all the shims it came with, plus some they had lying around. The damping was so hard you could have replaced the shock with a log.

Have them serviced. Any experienced mechanic can straighten them back into a usable suspension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts