Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw an adjustable lowering link online for the gen4. I have a few questions. The reason I'm thinking of getting it is to set my bike up for weekends at the strip yet still be able to put it back to stock ride height for the mountain roads and street riding. Is the soupy lowering link a quality product? Also if I do the washer spacer adjustment to raise the rear for street riding will I still benefit from lowering it at the strip?

http://www.soupysperformance.com/products.html

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah will I also need to adjust the chain when I lower it for the strip with the adjustable links and when I move back to stock height?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Soupys are awesome. I have them on my Gen 1 for the same reason yoou want them and they work great. Never really messed with chain adjusters because Im stretched and run the chain a little tighter anyways.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So the bike will still sit at stock height when I want it to? How low can it be lowered using these?

Edit: nevermind I found the answer. They go from stock to -4".

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Mine just require a 19mm wrench. It hasa lock nut on the top and bottom of the link body that holds it in place. Loosen the lock nuts and then the body can be adjusted, longer for lower rear height, shorter for higher rear height. Very convenient. Only issue is getting around the lower plastics on the Gen 1, dont know if you can reach the links on a Gen 4 with the lower plastics on.

I ride to the strip, lower the back end and race for the evening. When the night is over, wrench it back up to a streetable height and head home or wherever for the night. Its really easy and really convenient.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered one but looking at the stock link it looks like its going to be a pain to adjust because it sits vertical between the rear sets.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
All I can say is good luck, I dont have any experience with the Gen 4 to really suggest anything unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I am getting one over the winter too. Bike just isn't low enough at the track with the 1.5" Vortex lowering link. You remind me of myself. I love going to the track, but I love street riding too, and I won't buy a pure track bike haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts