Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive tried to search and came up empty handed... does anyone know if the Gen 4 rear shock will fit onto a Gen 1?
I want to get a K-tech rear shock but they only make them for the 2011 and up models.

anyone know?

·
Registered
175 Posts
well ive tried to search and came up empty handed... does anyone know if the Gen 4 rear shock will fit onto a Gen 1?
I want to get a K-tech rear shock but they only make them for the 2011 and up models.

anyone know?
You can get Penske from ebay for around 700 shipped for gen1, or you can have it rebuild the stock one by RaceTech with top notch internals for around 600 if that floats ur boat.

I doubt the gen4 will fit on Gen1, but isn't the Gen1 shock better then the Gen4 when it comes to road racing? I think Gen1 front and rear suspension is more aggressive from the factory vs the gen4

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Who told you that K-Tech is not available for the 04? I'm pretty sure they have a shock for that, I'm the K-Tech Service Center for the Midwest so I have direct access to the UK and I'll dig up some answer for you.

On a side note I'm in the process of selling my Ohlins 46mm shock and Ohlins 30mm carts off my 04 if you're interested.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,670 Posts
I'd bet 99% chance of the Gen 4 shock not fitting. The reservoir location is way too different.

Why K Tech? I can't believe they don't have anything for your bike, but there are other options as well. JRI, Penske, Race Tech, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts