Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has a set of secondary throttle flies and screws to spare?

I noticed mine doesn't have them and from what I read about this, with my riding style it may help to have them on!

With shipping to Portugal please, they may fit in a small envelope, so not a big deal to send them I believe.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
If your going to replace those, are you going to re-tune the bike? Its unlikely that the previous owner just removed them, I expect you will find it has been tuned after the butterflies were removed, if not the bike would be running really bad just now. I am presuming this because you say casually you noticed the flies were removed, so I presume there is nothing currently wrong with the bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike wasn't re-tuned, of that I'm sure.. I actually didn't felt anything wrong with the bike, but I don't have any bike to compare this one too, so what could be fine for me, could feel weird to someone with the stock butterflies, I guess.
I'm having serious difficulties finding just the butterflies and screws, I think I'll have to buy the whole throttle bodies assemble to make this right.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Are you sure? If that's the case I believe I can find cheaper throttle bodies, that would be awesome!!

No the throttle bodies in there entirety are not the same far from it, what 97grnrs is saying, is that the secondary butterfly plates themselves are the same! G3 throttle bodies and G4 throttle bodies are not interchangeable! I have never compared G3-4 plates so cannot comment on that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know the whole throttle bodies are different, but they're cheaper, the ideia being to use only the plates, I guess that would be less money in the bin with the spares left.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The problem i see you having is the screws they are PITA to get out without damaging, i expect that's why 97grnrs only has plates or if he has some screws maybe i can find some and we could make 8 good ones between us.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be awesome. I saw a video of a guy removing the secondary flies and he did use an heating gun on the screws before removing them, so they wouldn't get damaged, and it worked fine.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Iv just compared plates yes he is 100% they are the same G3&4 i have also found 8 screws but only 5 are any good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I can find the last 3, my dad has a car workshop and he saves a lot of tiny bits a screws, I have shelfs and shelfs of spares.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I have sent Killer 8 screws but 3 or not so good he still needs the plates and a few screws if anybody can help?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts