Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 520 conversion kit for my Gen 4 and was curious to see if anyone else has done the same to their Gen 4? I went -1 in the front and stock on the rear. The rear sprocket is aluminum which worries me due to the HP of the bike and the torque on an aluminum sprocket. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Don

·
Registered
383 Posts
All good it will just wear quicker keep a closer eye on the chain stretch and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My Gen 4 came with the 520 kit, 16-41, Vortex. I can't use it for the class I'm racing, not allowed, so I'm selling these , less than 1000 street miles, good shape. $50 shipped.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
youll be fine Don. My 10 doesnt have the HP urs does but my gearing I have bookoo torque and have the 520. My rear is aluminum and lasted forever until i started dragging and now its worn down a lot. yours wont wear out as fast bec u cant really pin urs from a stand still being SWB

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. I'm gonna be putting it on Friday. We are planning to ride Sunday there suppose to have 2 BMW's show up it should be interesting with the gear change.
If you can get away Joey come ride with us.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Phil has my bike...

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
He started on it today so hopefully by mid next week bec of waiting on gaskets

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Rode the bike for the first time yesterday. I was worried how abrupt it would feel,but it feels alot smoother and more acceleration. Beemers better look out.

Thanks to everyone's for your responses and advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts