Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello; Mike here. Does the Gen 4 guage cluster have a race setting for them? It's a different setting that changes the parameters of the guages so that they are more suited for racing? I know that some of the bikes like the BMW HP4 does, and I think some Ducati's do. I thought that I had heard that they do have a race setting, but I cannot find it in the manual, so I figured I would ask the experts here. Thanks. Mike.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
^^^that's a negative sir.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found it in the owners manual. It just swaps the gear indicator with the speed indicator so that the gear indicator is bigger, and easier to see. Helpful, but not a big change. Has anybody used the factory lap timer with any success? It seems to be more trouble to use than anything. Thanks. Mike.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I found it in the owners manual. It just swaps the gear indicator with the speed indicator so that the gear indicator is bigger, and easier to see. Helpful, but not a big change. Has anybody used the factory lap timer with any success? It seems to be more trouble to use than anything. Thanks. Mike.

Oops! Lol
Sorry bout that. I totally forgot about that feature, much like the lap timer/passing trigger

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The manual lap timer is only as good as your ability to hit it consecutively at the exact right moment. I have never used mine. I do however use the large gear indicator for my dash

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
It's page 41, 42 in the owner's manual.
You select the stopwatch mode with the top button at a stop, then hold down the top button until you've selected Race Mode. *Hold down again to reset to default tach.

Reactions: dudewhrsmybike
1 - 7 of 7 Posts